Aftermarket NAV system on 2005-up...speed sensor help

Pig

Sep 27, 2002
North ATL, GA
Has anyone tried installing an aftermarket NAV system in their 05-up stang? I recently installed a Clarion NAX970HD with a MAX675VD head unit in my 07 shelby and am having trouble finding the speed sensor connection (from the ecm or dash speedo). Someone told me that on 05-up Mustangs the signal isn't strong enough to drive more than one input (meaning it'll only power the speedometer even if I do find it). Does anyone know if the factory NAV units have a harness I could jump on (in the trunk or elsewhere), or do they have completely different harnesses from the factory? Or does anyone know how I could rig a stand-alone aftermarket speed sensor and use it for my source?

I got everything installed except for that one wire, and it kinda sucks cuz I just sit in the same spot on the map. I thought the gyros and satellite signal would control movement on the map, but I guess it needs the speedo to have a more accurate position. The head-unit is SWEET by the way, killer touch-screen interface. I got the video iPod interface, Sirius, and TV tuner for it also. Everything works great except for the damn navigation.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Pig

• Sponsors (?)

i am not 100% about this, you will have to test it. but there should actually be a factory speed sense wire behind the headunit, in the factory harness. should be grey with a black strip. It should be in the main harness.