Aftermarket rear bumper

FRB427

Oct 9, 2004
south jersey
Well, Memorial Day Weekend sure has not been a good one. Long story short, someone backed into my beautiful black gt in a BJ's parking lot and completely destroyed the back bumper. They ripped it open like a can opener.

I need advice on what aftermarket companies have in rear bumpers and if anyone has them on their car if they can supply some pics.

i need to get this fixed asap because this will bug the S$#% out of me.

• Sponsors (?)

well, i have had some time to research. In 5.0 i found and add for mrbodykit.com This site has a lot of kits and you can also buy pcs seperately from the kit. At this point i think i may just throw a kit on it. The one that has caught my eye was the 3D Carbon for the GT.

Does anyone have any experience with any of their products??

No, but I have a suggestion. Would you consider taking parts from several kits and doing your own thing? Like for example, you may like one company's hood, but not their front fascia. I did a mix and match thing and I've got what is my own kit. I have an RK Sport ram air hood, CDC chin spoiler, Gene Evans Ford rear decklid spoiler, I modified my Xenon side scoops so the lines aren't so sharp all while using Ford's OEM front and rear fascias. Whatever you do.......good luck and do your homework before buying.

according to the MITCHELL collision estimating book, the GT rear bumper is $209, and the V6 rear bumper is $203. you still need to paint after you get it, but most likely you would end up painting the bumper you get from ebay anyway. (used parts usually are not perfect, even if they are new takeoffs.)

That's convenient. I paint custom guitars, but my booth is 4'x4'x8'. I know a lot of guys who paint without a booth which is cool as long as it's sanded and buffed. I worked with the guy on the custom paint that was done on my car. I didn't trust him with the straightness of the stripes. He had just repainted my friends '67 GT500KR and it was beautiful except for a slight imperfection in the roof stripes. They kind of hooked a bit. That was enough to ask to work with the guy, which was fun. Laying the tape the full length of a car an being accurate can take hours.