Aftermarket Seats and Height

stangjunkie

Nov 15, 2004
ok well i guess this Question is two fold...
Im looking for aftermarket Seats Im pretty sure im going to buy the ones from procarbyscat.com these are the ones they sell at summit... i can get into a pair for $300 and someone on here said that they were good so i like them.
link here to seat

my question was mainly about the height if i put these seats (or any aftermarket seat) on the factory slider that raises the seat... im 6'4 and i often race this car. I still want to fit into this seat with my helmet on. How much hight will these add?

Also how hard is it to fabricate the corbeau seat brackets to fit a seat thats not a corbeau? any other ideas for seat mounting? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have the procar seats by scat and I also purchased scats seat brackets which were suppose to be direct bolt in. i bolted on into the car and with no helmet and seat all the way back against my seat bar almost at 90 degrees my head was smashed against the ceiling. I tried to get ahold of scat regarding it but they never responded. I am going to fab the scat sliders that come with the seats so they bolt directly to the floor and I will use the scat sliders that come with the seats and no brackets ...this is the only thing I can think of. i will be happy to tell you how it goes and how I did it once I tackle it. But for now I am still working on some electrical stuff and getting the engine and trans installed.