Aftermarket tach question

exactly why i picked up the autometer proshift light a few days ago. I HATE 5" tachs, completely useless IMO. Running the light into the MSD 6al box. Pretty accurate for me

• Sponsors (?)

Too bad there wasn't a way to correct the inaccurate factory tach. I think i wound mine up to 7K once and still had not hit the rev limiter.

Yeah ive been there, i know some guys hacked up some autometer gauges and used that behind the factory tach cover, worked pretty well too, but the lights on the autometer were brighter than the rest of the cluster so that looked odd

Hells yeah, i hate cowl hoods unless they are actually NEEDED, other than that, stock hood for me
my car has to have a cowl (holley intake w/ 1ich spacer) but I did run the stock hood with spacers on the hindges for a while. I have fiberglass lift-off hood (think its the 2.5), love it, makes it so easy to work on the car, and its way easier to take on/off than I thought I'd be.

Just a lot of style of hood are way too "loud" for my tastes. Maybe younger guys like them, but where i live, seems like the vast majority of 5.0's are bone stock, except for off-road H-pipe and flows, and a HUGE hood...usually unpainted. Oh and a 5.0" tach.

These are the same guys that come up to me and say "Wow, how did you get the 5-lug wheels on your car? Did you weld them on?"

I've come to the conclusion there are a lot of "passing through" Mustang owners out there, that buy the car, do the typical exhaust and CAI and tach, race everything in sight and then sell the car for an accord and talk crap about Mustangs for the rest of their life because theirs ran 16's

This is way off topic lol