Aftermarket Vs. OEM Smoked Headlights

Stangston

Dec 28, 2003
I've decided to replace the clear headlights on my '99 with some smoked ones. Ebay has a ton of aftermarket sets for like $100 shipped that look identical to the OEM Ford ones. Has anyone purchased these to see if they look crappy in person or if they're poor quality?

I can get an OEM set off Ebay for $200, double the price of aftermarket, and I'm wondering if OEM is worth the exra cost. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I just purchased and recieved a set of fog lights and headlights from a place called Blue Oval Enterprises. They sell the lights on Ebay for $100 a set. I was a little worried about the quality of these headlights at first, then I recieved them and they are identical to the oem ones. The fog lights are just as good. I was able to replace all of my front lights for less than $200 shipped. I would definetely recommend these guys.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com

Ck my post on PEWTERPONY's "after market headlight" thread. I paid $90 for a OEM Ford headlight (thru Ford)...and you can too! I just didn't trust headlights thru Ebay. I've heard too many horror stories.