Aftermarket wheels

• Sponsors (?)

You know... you bring up an interesting point. The painting of the spokes. I was at the weekly McDonalds car show last night with the family and mentioned it to a bud of mine about painting the spokes. He basically thought I was a "***" for thinking of that. I saw awhile ago a car that had painted white spokes to match the Shelby striping on the car. It looked really cool. It was one of the reasons I dumped my TT2's to pick up some Vintage 45's (so I could eventually paint the spokes).

Does anyone else have pics of cars like I'm describing. I need to see more.

Thanks.

65 fastback said:
American Racing Torq-Thrust's and paint the spokes to complement your car.

Tim

attachment.php

65straightsick said:
I am trying to look at your avatar and figure out which wheels you have but my vision aint that great...it looks to me like vintage 45's or torque thrust D's...can you post the pic you have in your avatar??

The pic from my avatar is
here. I'm not quite sure what they are, I didn't buy them... but they are torque thrust D style.

blown65 said:
www.billetspecialties.com is what i run

Which ones specifically?

Those wheels are awesome...I've only found them for sale on ebay though...doesn't look like too many places have them anymore. Is Edelbrock not making them anymore?

The '05 Mustang wheels look similar, which means there are gonna be hundreds of thousands of cars with look-alike wheels in a year or two...

I purchased my 454s right before Ultra stopped production of them. I waited too long, as I was getting 17" but they were all out so had to go for the 16" which I still love. Also went with the polished vs the satin. The only place I have seen them is on Ebay and the want alot more than I got them for!
617665_6.jpg

What size wheel

There are some pretty nice wheels in this thread, thanks for the suggestions guys. I need to make sure these will fit a '66 coupe before I go rushing off and buying wheels though. I believe the bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5", and I want a 16" or 17" diameter... What wheel width and backspacing do I get? My fenders aren't rolled although I'm willing to do that if there's not much risk of cracking my paint.

Thanks again!

slackr said:
take a look @ Dodgestang's mustang site for sizes that other people have used:
http://www.dodgestang.com/mustang.htm

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed.

blown65 said:
Older style halibrand Sprint wheels look cool too. Different ppl make knock offs of them though.

I love the look of those but I can't find them for sale anywhere. :shrug: The Cragar 390s are pretty much the same though. Are there any other clones out there? Do you know anyone that has the Halibrand Sprints for sale? Froogle didn't find them anywhere.