Again..How does a H/C/I 302 compare to a evo or sti?

• Sponsors (?)

Here are factory specs. I believe igotyofire was talking stock flywheel ratings.

276whp is with a full exhuast and a chip so that they make more boost. their more likely about 240whp stock.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Performance & Efficiency Standard Features
- Turbo compressor
- 1,997 cc 2 liters in-line 4 front engine with 85 mm bore, 87.9 mm stroke, 8.8 compression ratio, double overhead cam and four valves per cylinder 4G63
- Premium unleaded fuel 91
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 26 and EPA city (mpg): 19
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 14 gallon main premium unleaded fuel tank
- Power: 206 kW , 276 HP SAE @ 6,500 rpm; 286 ft lb , 388 Nm @ 3,500 rpm

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Performance & Efficiency Standard Features
- Turbo compressor
- 1,997 cc 2 liters in-line 4 front engine with 85 mm bore, 87.9 mm stroke, 8.8 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder 4G63
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 25 and EPA city (mpg): 19
- Power: 213 kW , 286 HP SAE @ 6,500 rpm; 289 ft lb , 392 Nm @ 3,500 rp

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX/STI
Base price $18,500-$32,000 (est)
Vehicle layout Front engine, AWD, 5-pass, 4-door sedan or wagon
Engines 2.5 L/173 hp/166 lb-ft SOHC 16-valve flat-4; 2.5 L/230 hp/ 235 lb-ft DOHC 16-valve flat-4; 2.5 L/300 hp/300 lb-ft DOHC 16-valve flat-4
Transmissions 5- or 6-speed manual;4-speed automatic
Curb weight 3050-3350 lb (mfr)
Wheelbase 99.4-100.0 in
Length x Width x Height 175.4-175.8 x 66.7-68.5 x 56.3-57.7 in
0-60 mph 4.7-8.0 sec (MT est)
EPA city/hwy fuel econ 18-23 / 24-29 mpg

And from what I hear a big difference is that Evo are far more efficient than the STI at putting power to the ground. A friend of mine that owns an 06 STI said that even though the STI is rated far more at the flywheel that the EVO will still put more power to the ground in stock trim.

Here are factory specs. I believe igotyofire was talking stock flywheel ratings.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Performance & Efficiency Standard Features
- Turbo compressor
- 1,997 cc 2 liters in-line 4 front engine with 85 mm bore, 87.9 mm stroke, 8.8 compression ratio, double overhead cam and four valves per cylinder 4G63
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 26 and EPA city (mpg): 19
- Power: 206 kW , 276 HP SAE @ 6,500 rpm; 286 ft lb , 388 Nm @ 3,500 rpm

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Performance & Efficiency Standard Features
- Turbo compressor
- 1,997 cc 2 liters in-line 4 front engine with 85 mm bore, 87.9 mm stroke, 8.8 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder 4G63
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 25 and EPA city (mpg): 19
- Power: 213 kW , 286 HP SAE @ 6,500 rpm; 289 ft lb , 392 Nm @ 3,500 rp

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX/STI
Base price $18,500-$32,000 (est)
Vehicle layout Front engine, AWD, 5-pass, 4-door sedan or wagon
Engines 2.5 L/173 hp/166 lb-ft SOHC 16-valve flat-4; 2.5 L/230 hp/ 235 lb-ft DOHC 16-valve flat-4; 2.5 L/300 hp/300 lb-ft DOHC 16-valve flat-4
Transmissions 5- or 6-speed manual;4-speed automatic
Curb weight 3050-3350 lb (mfr)
Wheelbase 99.4-100.0 in
Length x Width x Height 175.4-175.8 x 66.7-68.5 x 56.3-57.7 in
0-60 mph 4.7-8.0 sec (MT est)
EPA city/hwy fuel econ 18-23 / 24-29 mpg

And from what I hear a big difference is that Evo are far more efficient than the STI at putting power to the ground. A friend of mine that owns an 06 STI said that even though the STI is rated far more at the flywheel that the EVO will still put more power to the ground in stock trim.

Thanks for the figures badstang. Looks like they put out a lot of TQ too. Amazing. And oh, BTW, comparing the STI (not wrx) to an ls1 is a very fair comparison. They would be neck and neck no question.

I don't know how you can disprove what my own eyes saw and passengers regards towards the matters. I didn't spin from a 2mph roll, he was asian (no offense), pulled one length into 2nd, It happened. So give it a rest. His exhaust was also white, like it was cold. Whatever it may be, ANYTHING can happen on the street, everyone knows that, you troll :nono:

EDIT:

I just raced my one friend tonight at the track.. He just got a turbo back exhuast and his chip reflashed. The car was tuned with a wideband, and not a dyno, so there are no charts, but he thinks that it puts down an extra 50hp and 85lbs of torque. (Actually found a sheet on the net of a VERY similar combo and it made like 280whp and 315wtq, so hes pretty close.. http://www.cobbtuning.com/images_products/3158.jpg).

Its a whole different animal now. We didnt go from a stop because it was kind of damp out, but from a 40mph roll we were DEAD even till I shifted into 4th. I started to pull very slightly but didnt get more then a half a car on him till i got into 5th and ran out of room. I didnt get a chance to race him again either as it started raining, but I would say there is NO WAY a HCI mustang could hang with his sti. A notch maybe, but I dont think an sn95 could?

Now that blows me away. and you have a blower on a well built v8 :nonono: :eek:

But I am thinking those HP numbers are off because that is less than a hci stamg. :shrug:

i loved mine.....it was light, geared great, handled like no car i have ever driven, launched from a dead stop at 4500k with just a chirp of the tires, had almost no turbo lag, and got 22mpg. the only thing i really didnt care for were the stock hood scoop and stock wing, but both were 100% FUNCTIONAL which is why they werent changed. here are some pics:

sti.jpg

sti1.jpg

sti2.jpg

i've beaten a stock evo with my stock 5.0 It was a drivers race, but the only thing I can see them beating you is if you have bad wheelspin, or their boosted and take you top end.

honestly, there is no way, i bet it was an Lancer OZ because i drive a Lancer OZ and for some crazy reason people get it confused with an EVO :nonono: , you probably raced an OZ because my OZ got smoked by a chevy cavalier haha

i know i dont have many posts but i lurk and read on here sometimes and ive owned a mustang gt and ive driven a couple evos and trust me there is no comparison, i used to be the "anti rice" but i give credit where credit is due and i would own an EVO before id ever own another mustang gt, but now an 03 cobra... thats another story lol

Quite a few of these run at a track near me. I've seen everything from high 11's to low 14's. It's just like Mustangs where your going to have a big range. Most I've seen with bolt ons are in the low 13's. With the AWD chassis and turbo though, all it really takes is a good PMS and there times will drop dramatically while running more boost. I think they're both pretty damn ugly but as far as speed they're not dogs.

I used to have a '95 AWD Turbo Eclipse with about 12K into it. For this reason alone, I have a lot of respect for an AWD Turbo car. I'm familiar with what they capable of. The biggest problem I see is that while your scratch'in for traction, they're hitting second gear.

Dsm.... hmm i was considering one but i bought the stang instead... i realized i had my head under the hood of my friends GSX like every other day....

View attachment 389545
View attachment 389546

honestly, there is no way, i bet it was an Lancer OZ because i drive a Lancer OZ and for some crazy reason people get it confused with an EVO :nonono: , you probably raced an OZ because my OZ got smoked by a chevy cavalier haha

i know i dont have many posts but i lurk and read on here sometimes and ive owned a mustang gt and ive driven a couple evos and trust me there is no comparison, i used to be the "anti rice" but i give credit where credit is due and i would own an EVO before id ever own another mustang gt, but now an 03 cobra... thats another story lol

My dad has a plain lancer... i test drove the OZ for him because it was a stick and he didnt know how to drive it... they are not fast at all... ive taken one out with the probe....

i've beaten a stock evo with my stock 5.0 It was a drivers race, but the only thing I can see them beating you is if you have bad wheelspin, or their boosted and take you top end.
wow, just wow.....i assure you that that if that did happen, the evo wasnt trying or the driver didnt have a clue in heck what he was doing. my gt in stock form had trouble keeping up with nearly stock 99-00 civic si's much less an evo or sti. i beat up on many stock and lightly modded stangs from 94-04 that decided to rev at me both from a stop and a roll. let me tell you, the only ones of those years that gave me any sort of trouble were the 99-04. without h/c/i or a power adder, it was a pretty unfair race between 94-98 gt's.

oh jeez.....now that i read your post again, i cant even believe i honered it with a response. you didnt even know the car you supposedly beat had a turbocharger under the hood..... :rolleyes: keep on showing those lancer's whats up.....:rlaugh:

I'm not an idiot, I saw an intercooler, heard a b.o.v. I could tell when he first rolled up and saw the front bumper. I never said ***** about not being able to tell if it was turbo. It was, probly at low boost. Wow guys no credit..

My cars not "STOCK" though. Intake, Catback, Short shifter, with no rear seat/carpet/tire.

Your getting all worked up over nothing.

wow, just wow.....i assure you that that if that did happen, the evo wasnt trying or the driver didnt have a clue in heck what he was doing. my gt in stock form had trouble keeping up with nearly stock 99-00 civic si's much less an evo or sti. i beat up on many stock and lightly modded stangs from 94-04 that decided to rev at me both from a stop and a roll. let me tell you, the only ones of those years that gave me any sort of trouble were the 99-04. without h/c/i or a power adder, it was a pretty unfair race between 94-98 gt's.

My friend has a car just like yours, besides the thousands invested, lol and I've pulled on him too. SN95's weigh like 300-400 more pounds don't they? They have the H.O.'s right? I'm just saying 5.0's arn't that slow. I've heard 235rwhp you can get them into the 12's, providing driveline/suspension/tire.

My friend has a car just like yours, besides the thousands invested, lol and I've pulled on him too. SN95's weigh like 300-400 more pounds don't they? They have the H.O.'s right? I'm just saying 5.0's arn't that slow. I've heard 235rwhp you can get them into the 12's, providing driveline/suspension/tire.
i dont have the sti anymore. i have an 03 harley F150 now.....and there is no way you are breaking a 12 second 1/4 with 235whp regardless of what drivetrain/suspension/tire setup you have.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! :rlaugh: This guy is joking with everyone here. Somebody do an IP address lookup.