Air conditioning busted?

metroplex

Sep 7, 2003
SE MI
The A/C in my 07 GT is acting up. I haven't driven the car for about 3-4 months and today was its first day out. I turned on the A/C by pushing the button and nothing cold came out. After switching to MAX A/C and back, I turned the A/C OFF then ON again. Eventually I got some cold air through the vents. After I was on the highway and went WOT to merge, the A/C cut out and never came back even after 30 seconds. I had to turn it OFF then ON again.

Any ideas on what is going on?

• Sponsors (?)

The A/C in my 07 GT is acting up. I haven't driven the car for about 3-4 months and today was its first day out. I turned on the A/C by pushing the button and nothing cold came out. After switching to MAX A/C and back, I turned the A/C OFF then ON again. Eventually I got some cold air through the vents. After I was on the highway and went WOT to merge, the A/C cut out and never came back even after 30 seconds. I had to turn it OFF then ON again.

sounds like a compressor clutch. It free wheels when the a/c is off, when you turn the a/c on it engages the clutch so the compressor spins. Maybe a loose wire or a dirty connection ? Check that before you do anything else.

I'll take a look at that. I was driving very slowly and idling at a few places when I first turned on the A/C. I know about the WOT cut-off, but it is supposed to re-engage after X seconds (I think it was supposed to be 30 seconds based on the programming).

Usually you can hear/feel the compressor cycling. A mouse could have chewed on some of your wires.. don't laugh, I've had it happen.