Air Duct from Bumper to Intake?

No.11

10 Year Member
Oct 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I'm trying to find ways to improve upon the under hood cold air intake I have. A fender well intake would be good, but I have no fender well cover... so I know I would be getting water up there easily. So, I'm thinking of some kind of tubing to go from the lower bumper to redirect air into my intake. It would have to be something removable in case of bad weather. Has anyone done anything like this? If so, please share your wisdom. Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

No.11...you could always get a fenderwell cover and then cut it so it will stay in place. Then as long as your fender intake stays above the cover you will be fine. Or you could get a cover for the actual filter. They sell them on Ebay. They don't restrict THAT much air so you probably won't lose any hp. I've also seen people cut out coffee cans and paint them black and affix them to the intake to block splashing water. Or you could get a ram air style hood with the matching filter box...those are cool. And some companies make an intake shield...I've seen those on Ebay also. Just so you know, my fender intake on my 03 hangs a little lower than the cover because I had to cut the lower portion of the cover out...it just wouldn't stay on. It sucks that I haven't addressed it yet but it's on my "to do" list...

you have no inner fender liners, damn. since you cannot put a fender mount ( they are for looks anyways) ditch the cai get a stock box put it back in and get a K&N drop in and all set...your welcome. I have one, a MAC fender mount but I have it to dress up the engine bay. I have no dreams about it making any kind of real HP it was only for looks. If your filter is in the engine bay even worse. It has been proven and yes dyno proven on this site that the stock air box, silencer removed with a K&n drop in filter is a the best CAI for the fox, maybe not the best looking. this of course is just my opinion :p

Put a stock box in it, then bend up some aluminum sheeting to act as a shield for the hole in the fenderwell.

fenderbrace.jpg

Attachments

• fenderbrace.jpg
    fenderbrace.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 77