Air Ride thoughts?

Fuzzylogic

May 8, 2005
Albany, OR
How come I'm not seeing more Mustangs with air ride kits on them? It seems like a really interesting way to go and offers a wide-range of capabilities. I'm kinda interested in getting a set-up on my '93 notchback and am curious as to what everyone thinks of them.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I plan on doing a little of everything. AutoX, road course, cruising and drag racing. I know it might be a hefty lil financial investment initially but overall be a good choice, giving me a little bit of play in every aspect. Not enough to beat the hardcore guys but be able to adapt to the different situations and have a sharp ride.

I have bagged several cars now and I wouldnt road race/autox or drag race any of them. Handling goes to crap if you want functionality of bags..dont get me wrong the right air pressure and height make for a nice road ride in a heavy car but on light car like mustang it is either too rigid or too low...hard ot find a happy medium. You would be better off going with two way adjustable coil overs on all four corners if you want multi application purpose and re adjusting accordingly for diff events. and you coudl even lay the car pretty loow on some coil overs a swell...my daily driver (scion xb) has bags on it and has for past two years and they are fun (in a high school kind of way) but they are not practical..more stuff to fail (and it does) If you are making a toy with no sole purpose go for it but even cars that I install bags on for other people I tryt o tell them not to do it. Just my .002