Air smells from vents

NewbStang

May 31, 2003
Ive been using A/C all summer now that it's cool out i use the fan/vent only thing is the air comming out smells like feet. is there something ic an do abut this aside from "get a pine tree or just open the window"

• Sponsors (?)

When you were using the A/C all summer was it in the MAX position? If so, try running it in the norm position so it can clear out the moisture trapped in there. That's probably the source of the smell....:)

Mine started this this year. I also have small pieces of foam coming out of them, some sort of a gasket material I assume. I guess this is fairly common. Mine sits alot which may have something to do with it.

I found that if I left the vent switch on any setting other that the off position when I turned off the car, the vents started stinkin. I turn off the vent every time I turn off the car and my vents don't stink. :shrug:

There's a product on the market I bought once that kills the bacteria in your vents. The instructions are on the back. You most likely have bacteria in there. This will clear out the scent
do you remember what it was called or what to ask for?