Air stuck on defrost/floor

AmBo

Feb 3, 2004
New Jersey
Hey guys. The air on my car is stuck coming out the floor/defrost vents. Even if I choose not to. I assume these are vac controlled so I looked behind the glove box to find a bunch of colored vac lines. Any ideas which one does what?

Thanks guys. Really need the AC blowing on my face and not the windshield when it's 107 degrees out...:(

EDIT: mods can delete. Found the issue. Vac leak in the engine bay. All fixed!

• Sponsors (?)

Start first by checking the MAIN vacuum line from the engine through the firewall. If disconnected/broken, then none of the vacuum operated damper motors will work. The line is a very small line that can be seen passing through the firewall along with the AC lines. It starts from a TEE fitting usually on the intake manifold.

If the line is attached and apparently good, some additonal trouble shooting is in order. Do you hear any vacuum hiss if the AC/heater control switch is turned? Has any work been done on the center console area (new radio install)?

My ac is doing what yours was doing. Looked in the engine bay and could find any problems. Anyway you could take a pic so I can see what to look for? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I can not post any attachments as all of my space has been used up. However, I have got to believe that you have not looked close enough.

Take a picture of your firewall right where the AC lines pass through the firewall. There should be a tiny vacuum line passing through the same firewall opening. That is the vacuum line in question.

If you need Ford service manuals and wiring diagrams, I maybe able to help. PM if interested.