Airbag Light - video inside

95PGTTech

Jan 28, 2008
The car I bought was involved with a deer accident and deployed (presumably both) front air bags. The passenger has not yet been replaced, but supposedly the driver side is new.

The following vid is of the codes flashing.
That reads code 42 correct?

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/...994 Mustang/?action=view&current=MVI_0202.flv

LH Radiator Primary Crash Sensor Feed/Return Circuit Open

That's driver side? Once a sensor is hit it's done, right? I'm thinking of just putting two front sensors and a module in it when I do the p/s air bag. I don't get why there is no code for the visibly fubar'd p/s air bag.

• Sponsors (?)

The car I bought was involved with a deer accident and deployed (presumably both) front air bags. The passenger has not yet been replaced, but supposedly the driver side is new.

The following vid is of the codes flashing.
That reads code 42 correct?

1994 Mustang :: MVI_0202.flv video by cjr2003firefly2 - Photobucket

LH Radiator Primary Crash Sensor Feed/Return Circuit Open

That's driver side? Once a sensor is hit it's done, right? I'm thinking of just putting two front sensors and a module in it when I do the p/s air bag. I don't get why there is no code for the visibly fubar'd p/s air bag.

Correct chris thats a code 42.

The sensors can be re-used, depending on the accident. I was hit a while back, on the side just in front of the driver's wheel. Stupid idiot tried to cut across traffic and didn't see me. :mad: The hit was low-speed but due to the location it set off my airbags. I re-used the sensors without a problem. However, they can go bad from just one use.

You can also get a code 42 if the wiring leading to the sensor is bad. I got a code 42 when building my Cobra clone, and I had forgotten to hook up the wiring for it under the driver's fender. As soon as I plugged the connector in, code 42 went away. So, either the sensor is bad or the wiring leading to it has a break somewhere.

I'm not sure what's up with the p/s airbag. As far as I understand, the airbag module is supposed to be replaced if the airbags go off. I did when mine went off, just to be safe. You may want to just buy a module and see if the code 42 is still there.