Airbag question.

Tylerstc

Apr 7, 2003
I read somewhere that you can use a 96-98 taurus driver side airbag in place of a mustang airbag. Does anyone know if this is true or not. The reason I'm asking is because it would be cheaper and possibly easier to find one off of Taurus. Thanks for any info. Tyler

• Sponsors (?)

Tylerstc said:
I read somewhere that you can use a 96-98 taurus driver side airbag in place of a mustang airbag. Does anyone know if this is true or not. The reason I'm asking is because it would be cheaper and possibly easier to find one off of Taurus. Thanks for any info. Tyler

The air bag in a taurus (not sure what year) will fit a fox not our sn95s

jghood13 said:
The air bag in a taurus (not sure what year) will fit a fox not our sn95s
I did some looking on eBay, and the airbag from a 96 Taurus *does* look like it's exactly the same shape as ours. Now, whether or not it'll bolt up, I don't know. But it doesn't have a running horse on it, yuk. Doesn't seem like the Mustang-specific ones are all *that* expensive, at least from what I saw on eBay. :shrug:

Dave

I know I'm reviving an old post here, but I thought the info would be helpful to some. I bought a driver airbag from a 1996-2000 Taurus today to replace the one in my 94 GT with a crack in the cover. The plug is the same and it fit perfectly. The bolt holes on each side line right up and the cruise buttons fit as they should. The only difference is no running pony. Cost me $5 at my local junkyard.