Alarm wont shut off!!!

gbulldog20

May 11, 2002
Granton, WI
I have had my car stored for a few months but I had recently had to start it so I could move it to a different location where it could be stored again, anyway, the alarm goes off everytime I get in it...the battery was dead so I hooked it up to a charger. As soon as the battery gets and juice the alarm starts going off, the normal way of disarming won't work. I really have no idea what to do, if anyone has any advice that'd be great, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Try disconnecting the battery from the car, or dissconnecting the alarm. When my battery used to di my alarm would act up and not work, so I had to disconncet the battery. I waited for about a minute before connecting it again.

I am having the EXACT same problem. And I am confused. I disconnected the battery to try and stop the monotony. The car wouldn't start either. When I tried to re-connect the battery it shot off a spark so hot that the battery terminal began welding to the cable. I thought the problem had to do with the starter relay. I tried starting the car by using a screwdriver to connect the two posts of the relay and it shot off another spark that welded the screwdriver to the relay. The problem stopped for a week or so but happened again today.