Alas, poor, poor "sally"

65stanger

big blue fuzzy closet monster
Founding Member
Today we've finally got Spring-like weather, so I pulled her winter wrap off.:nice:

That was the good news.

The bad news is..................................:(

damn this is heartbreaking...................:nonono:

She started her next round of cancer treatment today, including surgical excision of a large amount of cancer in her passenger side cowl side wall - firewall - rocker panel area.:eek:
I'm gonna finish the repair to the cowl side wall - firewall area before I continue with the rocker panel excision.

Drivers side just needs the cowl side wall - firewall revision, then I can start bolting her front end back together.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I got lucky, I work at the UC Med center so the surgery is cheap(er) and know how to do metal working (thanks dad) so that's cheaper, which is good because they kind of go hand in hand, when I slip up and get filleted I can actually afford my surgery. I just use my frequent buyers card. :D

I work in healthcare too, and when it comes to surgery I'm not sure cheap is the way to go! Then again, that's why we have health insurance!:eek:

I like to think I know how to do metal working, and so far no one has tried to correct me of my delusions.:shrug:

Anyway.....I'm off to my dungeon to fashion a brake, I've got a couple of pieces I need to put angles on.:spot: