Albany New York

I finally have my tranny cooler done! Couldn't make it out last night. Anyone that decides to do the cooler, make sure you get fittings from your local auto shop. The ones that came with my B&M did not seat correctly and they had a slow drip! I talked to a couple of guys on Corral and they had exactly the same trouble. $6 of fittings from Advanced Auto, and I have a great tranny cooler! Looking forward to a cruise!

• Sponsors (?)

Ford day was pretty good at the valley.Saw a kid do 11.20 on a pro shifted naturally asperated 306.Would not have believed it if I did not know a couple of his friends but holy s**t that thing was fast.

Where are all the muzzys in Albany??????????????

Hope to see ya around.. I always wonder when I see a mustang on the road if it's one of u guys that r on this forum. If so, flash your lights next time you see a muzzy 95 cobra or any other mustang. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

11.20 N/A...in my dreams! I would REALLY like to shake loose a little Saturday night. Someday soon we gotta stop talking about it and meet.

On a side note the guys were out in force at the strip mall on Carman Rd. on TUESDAY night, not Wednesday. I didn't have a chance to stop though 'cuz I was racing from a meeting in Schenectady to a meeting in Guilderland.

Hey i just got my first stang and have learned a few things so far. for example people on here love the old "Fox bodys" i have a 1979 i just picked up i have mad the mistake of asking about converting the front end but after reading alittle found out they dont like that. well that all being said i just thought i would tell you that i dont live very far from albany. i live in amsterdam about 30 mins from albany trying to find some people that know alittle about my car looking for alittle help on getting her running so i to can go cruise this summer. get in touch maybe we could all get together.

hey happyball, you're in my old stompin grounds. Grew up in Johnstown and use to terrorize Amsterdam on my way home from work for about 20 years.

As far as your new 79 - it's your car - do what makes you happy, but keeping it looking like a 79 would be cool IMHO. It is the first year of the Fox. It isn't a pace car is it?

Have fun
50ldster

yea it actually is but the kid i bought it off of swaped out the 4cyl and manual trans out for a 302 with a AOD. i think this was a dumb move on his part seing as how there were only like 10,000 of these made but oh well its done now. now it is time to make my toy out of this thing.

I saw the nicest stang in latham today

Wow. As I was on rt 2 in latham today I pulled up next to a old deep red fast back. The guy was 50 something.I noticed the 289 on the car and asked about the engine. He said it's a 302 with 490 hp. This car was sweeeet. skinnys on the front with drags on the back. My car shook as it was at idle. I wish you guys could have seen this thing. It was pefect. It looked like it was a $80,000 car easy.In all my life I have not seen a nicer stang. And to think I saw it in latham :banana: :banana: :banana:

Lookin for a car

Hi, i was readin ur post and i find it pretty intresting to see that there are so many people from around my area that are mustang fans. Im from rotterdam over by High Bridge road if any1 knows where it is. But anyways I got this car from my friend Pat shields an 83 gt, great engine and drivetrain but everything else is junk, And im basicly looking for a car that has No rust and a good interior. I dont need it to run or anything im just looking for something that looks good, Im lookin for a 80's preferbley early 80's stang. Ive looked through the want ad digest and many other classified sites from around the area and im just hoping some1 else that lives around here would help me out and give me sum help on finding something good. Thx

happyball82 said:
Hey i just got my first stang and have learned a few things so far. for example people on here love the old "Fox bodys" i have a 1979 i just picked up i have mad the mistake of asking about converting the front end but after reading alittle found out they dont like that. well that all being said i just thought i would tell you that i dont live very far from albany. i live in amsterdam about 30 mins from albany trying to find some people that know alittle about my car looking for alittle help on getting her running so i to can go cruise this summer. get in touch maybe we could all get together.
Is it black by chance? With fog lamps?

Looks like this one here. (These pictures are not my car but they are pictures of one that looks just like it)

Attachments

• 370997_33_full.jpg
    370997_33_full.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 49
I actuaally got the heads off ebay the winter before last for $1050 brand new and I highly recomend them my car runs awsome.If anyone decides to get them make sure they have the upgraded springs in them or install them before you put them on cause now I have to change them in the car.

happyball82 said:
Looks like this one here. (These pictures are not my car but they are pictures of one that looks just like it)
Just wondering. Saw a black early 80's come of 890 last week near Vly rd. Thought maybe it was yours.
side note, Sold the 2000 V6 convertible a couple of weeks ago. now down to one stang. replaced it with a 04 325 CI.
bmw

Jay...got the torque boxes and sub frame connectors in. The change was noticeable but not as great as I expected. Most likely due to the fact that the car already has aftermarket subs and springs. The torque box reinforcements give me peace of mind now when I stomp on it, the rear end won't fall out on the ground!

I hear that you decided not to go with the sub frames because it would change your Solo II class?

Later

Actually Dave, I decided to go with a set of stock connectors for a 2000 Convertible. It will keep me in the same SCCA class(sp) Picked them up from New Country Ford Saurday morning. Just got them done this afternoon. About 4 hrs total install time(between 2 days of house hunting). They had to be mounted like stock in order to pass tech without problems which ment I had to drill several holes in the interior floor for access to bolt them in. And yes I agree. If I knew what little affect they would have had, I would have saved the 80.00 and put it towards rear gears! But I'm in the same boat as you. The car was so stiff before, Its hard to tell. John said the install went pretty good on yours, He was the one who helped me decide on the OE ones instead of weld ins. Never got a chance to get over and look at yours like I had planned.
You should bring it up to the next autocross event.Mohud SCCA Aug 1st. Adirondack Comunity College in Glens Falls. $30.00 non SCCA members. Free to hang out and watch. I'm tring to convince John to go. He thinks he may go, but just to watch. Doesn't want to unleash the beast on all of us! Thank God! Theres an 01 bullit that runs(77 ESP). Nice Guy. I've managed to beat him past 2 outings, but barelystats

I'm from Glens Falls, my car was the red 2004 GT parked between the GT500 and the 2004 mach 1 in the show area at the last all ford day at lebanon valley . There are a couple Ice cream shops up here the have "car days" if you guys ever want to put a cruise together. On a side note, can anyone recommend a local shop that can tune a vortech supercharger setup, closest one's I've found so far are in PA and long island.

Jay ...I would like to go up 8/1 to watch but I don't know my schedule that far out. I think John is in about the same boat. I would like to see him run his car. Autocross is alot different then those BIG road courses he was running. I don't think my car would be competative since I would be up with the big boys due to the subs, not to mention I haven't run 'cross since the late 70's with AMEC at Malta when the track was asphalt!

50ldster said:
Jay ...I would like to go up 8/1 to watch but I don't know my schedule that far out. I think John is in about the same boat. I would like to see him run his car. Autocross is alot different then those BIG road courses he was running. I don't think my car would be competative since I would be up with the big boys due to the subs, not to mention I haven't run 'cross since the late 70's with AMEC at Malta when the track was asphalt!
sad thing is all the big boys are the little guys running their vw's and Subaru's that continue to kick my ass in times. And yes, John said the same thing, different world from road racing. Hopfully that will be next step for me in the next couple of years when the little one gets alittle older.