Alcohol

Route666

Aug 16, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
No not fuel, the drinking variety.

Do you US peeps get Bundaberg Rum? It's made here in, strangely enough, Bundaberg, which is just up the road from me in Brissy.

I'm just sipping back a nice OP and coke. Funny thing is, the standard rum is 37%, and is foul and harsh, and the OP is 57.7% and is smoother, and maltier than the UP stuff. More expensive sure, but worth it! Two drinks and you're basically plastered, or thin it down and it tastes like a malty flavoured coke drink, and you can have four or five and still get up in the morning without remorse or the pain of a hang over.

• Sponsors (?)

Cool! It's just that a couple of years ago, we used to have TV ads for it that were the Bundaberg bear (a white polar bear) with an Aussie accent going into night clubs in America (could tell by accents) and ordering rum, getting rum for other people there, etc. So I thought it may have spread internationally.

It may have. I'm young, and technically not legal to drink (I'm 20, it is a amazing where a military ID will get you alcohol) and my drinking experiences just really[/] began in the past year (since I joined the Marine Corps - kind of hard not to drink with some of these jokers.)

We have a beer here whose tagline is "Fosters, Australian for beer." I heard you aussie's actually aren't to keen on it though, is that true?

Fosters has basically gone down the gurgler in Australia, but I remember a time, bout 15 years ago, when Fosters was THE Aussie beer. This was the time I was getting near my teens, so it stuck with me as a defining part of life. To me all beer is the same virtually. XXXX is total sheet, VB is cheap, and doesn't taste too bad, but doesn't have much taste at all anyways, carlton cold is nice, also good priced, but Fosters, I haven't a clue, never tasted it. It seems to be an icon, and something of a rare thing to come across.

Oh man, what you say about not being technically old enough to drink, and then saying you're 20 is a big lol for me. Drinking age in the Au of stralia is 18, and goes along with all the other responsibilities of law. Of course our first police force was made up of the most well-behaved convicts, so I suppose our model isn't the best to be comparing to :p

Eh it's been working good for us so far though.

On another note, I'm feeling sorry for you guys atm, what with what's going on in Iraq. If I were pres. of the US, I'd declare war. Actually I just go in and slaughter everyone and take over the oil for the rest of the world. That part of the world has just been sick, depraved loonies doing disgusting things (I've seen the recent, uncensored videos) and I think they should get their "holy war". I know the smart, conscious world doesn't see it as religious, but it would be a war of morality and mental state development, both kinds of religious ends.

Then again, I am a bit of a hard bastard with a fuse that's already burnt out, so I'd probably never make it to being the pres. lol :p

Route666 said:
Fosters has basically gone down the gurgler in Australia, but I remember a time, bout 15 years ago, when Fosters was THE Aussie beer. This was the time I was getting near my teens, so it stuck with me as a defining part of life. To me all beer is the same virtually. XXXX is total sheet, VB is cheap, and doesn't taste too bad, but doesn't have much taste at all anyways, carlton cold is nice, also good priced, but Fosters, I haven't a clue, never tasted it. It seems to be an icon, and something of a rare thing to come across.

Oh man, what you say about not being technically old enough to drink, and then saying you're 20 is a big lol for me. Drinking age in the Au of stralia is 18, and goes along with all the other responsibilities of law. Of course our first police force was made up of the most well-behaved convicts, so I suppose our model isn't the best to be comparing to :p

Eh it's been working good for us so far though.

On another note, I'm feeling sorry for you guys atm, what with what's going on in Iraq. If I were pres. of the US, I'd declare war. Actually I just go in and slaughter everyone and take over the oil for the rest of the world. That part of the world has just been sick, depraved loonies doing disgusting things (I've seen the recent, uncensored videos) and I think they should get their "holy war". I know the smart, conscious world doesn't see it as religious, but it would be a war of morality and mental state development, both kinds of religious ends.

Then again, I am a bit of a hard bastard with a fuse that's already burnt out, so I'd probably never make it to being the pres. lol :p

I'm not a beer drinker really, The smell, much less the taste makes me want to vomit before I'm drunk, much less after. I like liquor...even he harsh stuff tastes better than beer to me. The closest think to beer that I like is Smirnoff Ice. It's a relaxing thing to drink over a game of poker.

Eh, I personally think that the drinking age should be 18...at 18 you can take a bullet for you country, vote, you can drive at 16 in MOST states, 18 in every state, yeah why shouldn't you drink?

Trust my I'm with you on Iraq, I understand why we do things the way we do...supposed to be a sort of "moral high ground" but if it had been me, the cold hearted cruel SOB that I am (well, I probably wouldn't have really done it this way, but I would have want to haha), the majority (all the populated areas) of the middle esat would have been molten glass sometime around 1 OCT 2001. Just enough time for us to get all of our people out. But then, your country would have had a hissy fit along with every other country and every bleeding heart in this country who are crying about "Civilian casualties" now, when I've got good friends who are getting shot at from mosques and not shooting back just to avoid civilian casualties!

I had no problem with invading, Saddam wa s a sick SOB, was killing his own people, no doubt if he could have he would have tried to kill us and hey we have found enough sarin and mustard gas already to kill a half a million people (that's enough to kill my little suburb of atlanta that I live in, 5 times over) and I can only imagine how easily that could have gotten into the hands of someone who didn't care about civilian casualties. Not to mention that he screwed with the inspectors for 12 years..."oh well sorry you can't go there right now, give us a week"....yeah right. It should have been done in '98 when he kicked them out. Heck, I thought that was going to be Clinton's shining moment of nobility. What a letdown that was.

But I'm going to end political discussion cause I know from experience a quick way for friends and families to start hating each other, is to discuss politics. That's why my family (conservative leaning libertarians) doesn't talk to my grandmother (deeply liberal democrat) about politics and we tell her we won't discuss the issue with her when she brings a political issue up. It's to easy to start a fight about it.