Alignment issue

02nightmaregt

To hell with your Mustang, I want to see your HOG!
Jul 1, 2007
Southern Indiana
:SNSign:Ok suspension guru's, as some MAY know i recently ordered Tokico shocks/struts and MM C/C plates:rock:. Well my quarstion is, once i get errything and go to do the install, whats the best way to "align" the front end so its driveable to take to get actual aligned? If that makes and sense.:shrug: The only reason im asking is because i am replacing the C/C plates. Should i just scribe around where the stockers are and align the new ones to them? Any info is appreciated.Woot Woot:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

The most important adjustment will be toe. You can just eyeball the toe and it will safely get you to the shop. It would also be safe to set the car for maximum negative camber, which is what the CC plates will slide to if the adjustment nuts aren't tight when you set it down.
You can actually set the alighnment using a tape measure and a level, assuming the rear end isn't rediculously out of line. I did that many many times on my 88 and even had it checked peridocially for free when I had tires installed. Once, I had the stock plates maxed out for negative camber for an auto-X event (-1.5* or so), and the shop took it upon themselves to check the alignment. I was told that I needed CC plates to get it back into spec. Ummm, wrong way guys, it needs more positive camber, not more negative.. :lol:

just drive it. dont try to adjust anything b/c you will prob do more harm than good. with all the new parts everything will most likely be out of spec but not bad enough to do any harm driving it to the shop

tell them to set it up as follows

camber -0.5 on both sides
caster around 5.0 - 6.0 with a -0.5 offset
toe to 0.32

thats how i set up all the street cars i align

just drive it. dont try to adjust anything b/c you will prob do more harm than good. with all the new parts everything will most likely be out of spec but not bad enough to do any harm driving it to the shop

tell them to set it up as follows

camber -0.5 on both sides
caster around 5.0 - 6.0 with a -0.5 offset
toe to 0.32

thats how i set up all the street cars i align

Ok cool i'll do that. The reason i was aking is because its my dd and with my work schedule im not sure when id be able to get her into the shop, if i take it to a dealership(one i used to work for) will they be able to set it up with those specs?