All around nice car/truck shopping, anyone have suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Cantslowdown said:
For trucks i would go Toyota,dodge and chevy.Not a big fan of the ford trucks and i work a at a ford dealership....

Cantslowdown said:
I think we see more ford trucks in the shop then we do Dodge trucks.
Well, considering where you work, that should be a no brainer, shouldn't it? I bet the guys who work for the Dodge dealership see more Dodges than Chevy's or Fords too. ;)

its because ford sell 8 times the pickups as dodge. to say atoyota tundra is better than an f-150 is a ****ing joke. they are poor *** copies of the best half ton on the market. the titan is the runner up and then the other trucks are in the weeds

Ok to clear things up where i work they also on the Dodge dealership AS WELL!!
We also own a dodge lot love there trucks they eat the gas but have a good amount of power.
B/W this is just my thought on the truck market since i have had a 05 chevy and my mom and dad now have a fully loaded 05 GMC.I have also had a sport trac as well...But I have drove all of them..

I'd go with a GM truck, they ride/drive so much nicer than the Fords imo.. But that's all personal opinion :)

As for a car, i'd go with an 05/06 Honda Accord (there's a decent difference between the two).. You could probably get an '05 V6 Accord Hybrid under $30k easily. They're nice!! Hella gas mileage, 255hp, very quiet and smooth cars.

jasonh_86 said:
I'd go with a GM truck, they ride/drive so much nicer than the Fords imo.. But that's all personal opinion :).
Really, I've always gotten the opposite impression....even before Ford redesigned the last line of pick-ups. I've driven a few late model Chevy P/U's over the last couple of years and I've never been in a vehicle that experienced so much wheel hop or clunks and groans in my life….and that was after only 15-20,000km. Sure it had a lot of cool little gizmo’s to keep you occupied and I guess with general driving, the truck rode fairly well and wasn’t bad to drive, but the general fit and finish of the models themselves was poor. And I don’t see how any of you are able to brag about fuel economy…the gas mileage was brutal with every one of them.

The new F-150's are light years ahead of the Chevys. Comfort, ride, fuel economy...everything. They may not feel as powerful, but the actual output difference between the two is minimal. It's only because of the new Fords massive curb weight that it doesn't feel as light on it's feet. Not because the power isn't there.

You cannot argue about ford trucks reliability. It is a known fact they hold up well. hell even my 8 year old f-150 with 165000 miles is still in great shape. everything still works flawlessy. It has only been to the shop one time. to have the detailing done :rlaugh:

Fords are nice inside yes but when towing comes in they dont have it..We went to tow another f150 ex cab two wheel on a trailer they turned around and grab the powerstroke..I feel in love how the new dodge truck is laid out inside..My dads 05 its nice heated seats power everything and we have towed with it dose fine..Just wish the gm trucks set up higher.

I like my uncles truck its like a 99 it seems to do good..But something about the new ones..I have talked to a few owners of the newones that have traded there older fords in and feel the same..I do like the new sport trac's those are nice..500 limted awd love the cvt tranny..

Cantslowdown said:
I think we see more ford trucks in the shop then we do Dodge trucks..

Ford sells WAY more trucks than Dodge, thats probally why you see more fords in the shop..

next time you see a landscaper, construction company pickup or any other WORK truck take a look at what kind of truck it is. i would say atleast 70 percent are fords.. Do you know why these people who NEED that truck to work everyday buy fords... it6's because they are the best truck.

Cantslowdown said:
Fords are nice inside yes but when towing comes in they dont have it..We went to tow another f150 ex cab two wheel on a trailer they turned around and grab the powerstroke..I feel in love how the new dodge truck is laid out inside..My dads 05 its nice heated seats power everything and we have towed with it dose fine..Just wish the gm trucks set up higher.

are you serious.. what do you have numbers wise to back that up..

a f-150 5.4 4x4 can tow 9000 plus pounds.. some of the F-superdutys can tow 17k or so.

Whats wired here is dodge lot sells more trucks then are ford lot..Used to be the other way around but i dunno..I mean after driving the ford trucks that i have drove and pulling that trailer with anothr f150 on it and the truck seemed to not have the power..Just not a big fan..But ford has there prices right cuz you can get a full size truck for almost the same price as a ranger dont get me worng..Another thing is i never seen some many trucks come in with rear end problems yes all cars have problems but for a new truck its wired..I think if ford had a tow/houl tranny that might help there problem..They are nice trucks in side just i am put my thoughts on this..Well Mike the truck had a 5.4 in it ex cab 4x4 and the truck it was pulling was a f150 ex cab 2 wheel drive..It would pull it just sucked in the hills very bad..My dad with his 05 GMC has pulled the same amout of wight and did fine just i think the tranny has a big part to do with this..

I drove a Dodge 1500, GMC Denali pickup (05), and a brand new F150 XLT. The Dodge felt pretty good for only being the 4.7L but it had the 3.90 gear ratio. Get the Hemi if you go dodge. I LOVED the F150. It just felt right. Ford knew what it was doing with this thing. I'm going to pick one up by the end of the summer. The GMC was junk. It was the only used vehicle I tried, but good lord it stunk. It had the 340-345hp engine, I forget which, but it felt slower than both the others plus it rode like total crap. It was all over the road. Could have been the previous owner didn't take care of it though. :shrug:

Imo there is no denying the F150s are much nicer inside, they dodge looks like a truck from the mid 90s inside while the F150 looks much nicer, especailly with the FX4 and Lariat center shifter. The truck rides awesome compared to the others. My dad has a 01 F150 Lariat and that thing sucks compared to the new ones.

If you want a truck, get an F150 with the Titan #2.

But for mileage and every day driving, I would get a year old G35 sedan or 3 series BMW. You said up to two years old. Those would be under 30K and still have soem sport flavor with luxury and comfort. You could also get a year old CTS 3.6 too for under 30K if you want to stay American.

If you want front wheel drive, Nissan Maximas are pretty sweet. Awd I would go A4 audi.

thanks for the suggestions. im not interested in an explorer/sport trac type vehicle though at this time.

if i buy a truck, the most towing it will see is a quad. so im not real worried.

14 mpg for the 1500? is that city or highway?

i called about an 06 civic si, seemed like decent cars. they are out a couple months though. going up to the automall in a few minutes. well see if anything stands out.

281pony said:
thanks for the suggestions. im not interested in an explorer/sport trac type vehicle though at this time.

if i buy a truck, the most towing it will see is a quad. so im not real worried.

14 mpg for the 1500? is that city or highway?

i called about an 06 civic si, seemed like decent cars. they are out a couple months though. going up to the automall in a few minutes. well see if anything stands out.

a civic.. I thought you were looking at somthing more upscale than that.

civic si are nice cars. looked at one awhile back when my cousin was economy car shopping.

i took my car out to go and go car shopping. ended up turning around and going to pick up another fuel filter and plugs for it to try and fix it.

ill just get a second loan for a commuter.

:rlaugh:

Wondered how long this crazy line of thinking would last. Sell your Cobra....TEMPORARY INSANITY. I'll give you $10k for it.

Should you change your mind again...my thoughts on the Civic if anyone cares. Overpriced import. Yeah they're nice, but a friend bought one about a year ago....got the limited edition with all the options, etc....sticker of almost $25k. Is there any Civic in the world worth 25k....nope! You can buy a GT with the same options coming stock for that price.

for the $$, reliability and resale value should you choose to get back into a cobra...look at the toyota tacoma 4 door. Plenty of room, good gas mileage (for a truck), funtional and reliable.

We looked at the Nissan Maxima & Subaru Legacy GT wagon, but ended up going '06 Hemi Magnum, had it for about 10-12 days now:

magnum03.jpg

All 3 cars were in the low 30's.