All mini tubbed/tubbed stangers in here...

mustangman70

Founding Member
Dec 30, 2001
St pete, Florida
Im just looking to see some pics on how you guy's did it...

Im ALLMOST done with the cowl area rust...and im getting to the floors/rollcage/mini tub faze...

I think it will be completely worth it to take the old fenderwells out...move them over an inch or two to line up with the frame and also maybe give em another inch or two cleareance for a taller tire...

I WOULD go full tub and hop up a 4 link setup....but for the power and direction of the car, not to mention my skills and budget...mini tub just seems like the way to go i only PLAN on getting the car into the 10's or 11's and will be a street car.....It looks like i can just drill out the spot welds on the trunk brace it move it over a little bit... and every thing else can be cut to match the new tub...

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't figured out how to post pics yet (haven't triend very hard) but I am in the process of minitubbing my 65. I am doing it because the trunk floor is rusted through and I need to do something about my rusted out frame rails. I am going to backhalf the car. Im trying to remain fairly stock looking but it will end up with a 4 link and coilovers and handformed sheet metal in the trunk. I was originally going to just replace the frame rails and do a minitub but i keep finding more rust and bondo that i didnt know were there.

I cut out the only decent part of the trunk (the inner wheelwells) and welded on a 2.25 inch strip of steel on the inside. I will replace the outer wheelwells and weld the inners back in. I will need to do some modification to the trunk hinge bracket and move over the braces behind the seat. Hope i was reasonably clear on my plans.

still in the planning stages, so I'd like to see what is out there. I have a 66. I'd like to keep my back seat, coil overs, ladder or 4 link, and at least 10 inch of tire (maybe more). I've thought about moving the frame rails in and then mini tub. Still a ways away.

I dont sven plan on moving the frame rails...

Im just going to move the wheelwells in AND up about 2 inches.

10.5 is MORE then enough to hook...but i think the tallest we can go is about a 28 inch tire right?

If i could fit lets say an 11.5x30x15 IN the wheelwells...Id be a happy camper

Picture019-1.jpg

Attachments

• Picture019-1.jpg
    Picture019-1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 53
I ended up drilling all of the spot welds out and lifting the rest of the "removable cowl" off lol...I still need to weld the cowl back on.

Any shots or pics you have would be great man thanks...especially if you have any showing the areas under the car ;)