All time low...

2nd Mustang

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2002
Southern California
My Verizon DSL really is a slow poke. The fastest it has run is 163 kbs download. I realize I'm quite a distance from their office and that affects the speed. For instance, presently I'm at 92 kbs, BUT last night it was at only 26 kbs. :nonono: What a joke.

• Sponsors (?)

2nd Mustang said:
My Verizon DSL really is a slow poke. The fastest it has run is 163 kbs download. I realize I'm quite a distance from their office and that affects the speed. For instance, presently I'm at 92 kbs, BUT last night it was at only 26 kbs. :nonono: What a joke.

You want to talk about an all time god #*$"& low!? try my self esteem and self confidence. I haven't had a real date much less *cough* in 8 months. Defining a real date as one where an officer's daughter didn't punch me to end it. All night the guys in my shop have been tyring to tell me how to get women. Hell, I'm so drunk right now I am surprised that I can type. Guess primal instinct takes over. I wish someone would just shoot me so I'd feel better about myself.

t_chelle16 said:
I have cable and according to several online tests, mine's right around 350 kbps. I thought I was only supposed to have 200, but I guess they upped it.

-Chelle

Is that download or upload. My upload is always faster (but not by much). I think with cable you share bandwidth, so if fewer people are using it, you will get faster downloads. I know my brother gets some ludicrous speeds with his cable, up to 10MBS.

skywalker said:
I haven't had a real date much less *cough* in 8 months.

HA, I laugh at you! When you get to more than a decade mark then you can complain. Not that I wasn't trying, but dating people at work really isn't a good idea. I hate shop talk at the shop, can't deal with it after hours too. I drowned my sorrows in overtime to pay for son's college and to buy my Stang.

Verizon left a message today saying that we shouldn't have been sold a DSL line, that we are too far out, no sheets. They said they will send someone out tomorrow to see what they can do. I was off today working on my Stang, so when I went out in the afternoon for a test drive, I saw several Verizon splicing trucks along the main road. I am now at 183 kbs, wow, the fastest yet! Coincidence????????

Heard that before.

2nd Mustang said:
Verizon left a message today saying that we shouldn't have been sold a DSL line, that we are too far out, no sheets. They said they will send someone out tomorrow to see what they can do. I was off today working on my Stang, so when I went out in the afternoon for a test drive, I saw several Verizon splicing trucks along the main road. I am now at 183 kbs, wow, the fastest yet! Coincidence????????

Providers over subscribe as a matter of course. They depend on averaging workload out.
I have problems more than occationally. I accomodate my schedule best I can and don't generally get more than 1 -2 chokes every couple of weeks.

Dude do you know how hard it was to write that without doing it! LOL

Roy.