All You KENNE BELL GUYS......

Well I think I have decided on going kenne bell blowzilla with the flowzilla inlet. I am in the procces of calling their tech line to work out the particulars but have not been able to get ahold of them. Its begining to aggrevate me.... So I decided to ask you all.

I was planning on running 7-10 lbs of boost (If this is safe on what is for the most part a daily driver) and was wondering with the set up I have now what kinda power I would be making? I would def. hope to be well over the 400 rwhp mark.I know that my stock block may not last too much longer if I do this but a DSS 306 is in the works

Thanks for any input.

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='95svtcobra]
I was planning on running 7-10 lbs of boost (If this is safe on what is for the most part a daily driver) and was wondering with the set up I have now what kinda power I would be making? I would def. hope to be well over the 400 rwhp mark.I know that my stock block may not last too much longer if I do this but a DSS 306 is in the works

Thanks for any input.[/QUOTE]

There are a couple guys on here running KB's im pretty sure. JR is the one that jumps into my head.

When talking reasonable amounts of boost...its not so much the boost you run but the TUNE you have that decides if its "safe" or not. 7-10 should be fine with a good tune but it can also blow up with a bad tune.

With your mods, i dont see 400rwhp being a problem. It would be a BLAST to drive.

That power wont be pushing the block to its limits but im sure it could use a rebuild. DSS blocks wont handle much more if any more power. They are just massaged stock blocks.

And TTT for ya :nice:

It took me about a week to get a hold of them once as well. Asked the same question. Thay told me with 7psi to use 30lb injectors ( 42 if I had plans in the future to up the boost )80mm mass and a custom chip. That would be fine on a daily driver. I would also get a tune on a dyno..

ok so with a good tune on a dyno (which I know of several good shops around here) will I easily make 400rwhp? I would love to be closer to 450 500 mark but lemme know. I would prolly go with 42lb injectors. Is the kenne bell gonna give me better performance than say procharger. I know my uncle has a lingenfelter c5 vette runnin 8lbs of boost on their roots style blower and it is sick! I want to be able to beat him :D

well, i think each psi of boost, is worth about 20 or so HP, depending on the tune, supporting parts, but 20 x 7 = 140, so that would put you @ about 440. But it all depends on supporting parts, and the tune etc. But i think you will be very close to your goal and it should make a great DD. I've looked @ kenne-bell thinking for the future.

[QUOTE='95svtcobra]. . . my uncle has a lingenfelter c5 vette . . . [/QUOTE]
Targeting a Lingenfelter 'vette, wow. All I can say is - good luck, and more power to ya man!!!

[QUOTE='95svtcobra]I know my uncle has a lingenfelter c5 vette runnin 8lbs of boost on their roots style blower and it is sick! I want to be able to beat him :D[/QUOTE]

Lingenfelter's have twin turbo 427's
802hp/866tq
0-60 in <2sec's

He has the supercharger they make. I know it is cause I have driven it multiple times. Twin screw runnin about 500rwhp. 0-60 in 3.3 and 1/4 in 11.4 if my memory serves me right. It cost him like 15 grand for all the work and I know the twin turbo set up is wayyyy more than that. I just hope to have a mustang that cost me 8grand plus modsand be able to beat his vette with over 70grand invested. That would make my day. :nice:

I made 385/420 on a mild tune with AFR 165's Crower 15511 ported GT40 lower and shorty headers at 8# on the Blowzilla

NA I was 306/330...The flowzilla should put you at the 400 mark

2 Issues I had.

1... With the KB you cannot run an Adustible FPR on the stock rails due to clerance issues.

2. I pegged a Pro-M77 with 38# injectors at 5500...42# would be perfect with the stock regulator

My KB Blozilla is currently on Ebay ...has 2000 miles.
I had the 2.2 Blowzilla off my 331 and prior to that the stock blocked H/C/I 302. Great street blower. Torque is amazing comes in around 2000 and strong to 5500. I was pullied for 8# and 17# but my new motor spins alot more so I am going to a YSI Renegade Vortech. I was max on boost by 5500 rpm, any more revs and it over spun the blower. (Heat Heat heat)

I ran a 2.375 blower pulley and the stock crank for 17# (15# on the 331)
for 9# I ran 2.375 blower pulley and BBK underdrive crank (5.85 I believe)

- Matt

super302 said:
Lingenfelter's have twin turbo 427's
802hp/866tq
0-60 in <2sec's
They build to order. So you get whatever you want from them. Not every Lingenfelter is an 800hp beast (though they are ALL beasts of one sort or another).

hmmm I would have thought better numbers than that. A friend of mine has an 02 gt stock motor pushin 470rwhp I know its a 4.6 but I was hoping to be close to that with all I have done to mine. So is a centrifugal a better choice or is the kenne bell the way to go even with lower numbers. I know there is no lag with a kenne bell but there is with a centrifugal. And what about this heat issue do they really make the car run hot?

[QUOTE='95svtcobra]hmmm I would have thought better numbers than that. A friend of mine has an 02 gt stock motor pushin 470rwhp I know its a 4.6 but I was hoping to be close to that with all I have done to mine. So is a centrifugal a better choice or is the kenne bell the way to go even with lower numbers. I know there is no lag with a kenne bell but there is with a centrifugal. And what about this heat issue do they really make the car run hot?[/QUOTE]

Its just two different types of blowers. I dont think there is "lag" with a centrifugal...its just that the power comes on gradually where as a KB is full boost at what? 2500rpms? There was a guy who had both that compared them(was that JR?) a long time ago and described the differences.

Whats gonna make or break this man is the package....not the blower. Both options will make the power you are looking for. But you gotta have the rest of the car up to par to get it done. The motor, trans, suspension, weight, tune, cam, etc etc etc.

I would start searching through the threads to see what guys are doing. Success can be had down either road. I wish Whipple made a blower for our cars.

IMO, if i was gonna spend the money on a KB(new atleast) i would just go turbo. Yea yea yea there is a little more to it but the power those guys make is simply unbelievable :drool: Too bad i prefer N/A power:p