Almost back on the road!! Need Help!!

Hey All,

It has been a long winter trying to get this car back together and on the road. I did a blitz attack on it over the past weekend and have the car to the point where it is 98% ready to go.

I have one big problem that I need your help with. I purchased an Explorer intake and 70mm PP TB to compliment my Edelbrock Performer RPM heads. The Explorer intake I have has no internal EGR (so I learned after buying it), so I purchased a 70mm EGR eliminator plate that is maybe 3/4" thick to go in place of the stock EGR plate.

I assumed that this setup would work with no problems, but when I went to place my upper intake manifold on the car, the throttle cable bracket makes contact with the chrome fuel lines and there is no an interferance issue between the TB and the water tubes.

So my question is, who is running an Explorer intake without EGR on their car? If you have this type of setup, or if you know of such a thing, how do I make it work? I am almost tempted to just phone some wreckers and see if I can find an upper intake with internal EGR and then buy a 70mm EGR spacer. Any other thoughts on how to make this work for less $$$?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I guess for now I'll just toss back on my stock H.O. intake and throttle body. Not going to get the power out of the setup, but at least I'll be able to drive the car.

I'm thinking it may be easiest to sell the Explorer intake and purchase another one with EGR?