Almost lost a classic FSB

Discussion in '1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-' started by NoKitten, Feb 1, 2004.

1. NoKitten

NoKitten New Member

One of my buddies almost lost his 78 or 79 Fullsize Bronco to a fire yesterday. Zach's Bronco (very nice, very clean) was parked next to a Nissan POS PickUp that burned asunder. Smoke everywhere, and Zach was yelling "Holy S***!!!!" as he ran to save it. That was exciting..... Anyone else have any close calls???

~meow
  2. HistoricMustang

HistoricMustang Active Member

Let it be a lesson.

Forget rubber hoses between the tank and carb. We spend hundreds and even thousands on our rides and do stupid stuff.

Recently had a buddy burn his '67 to the ground because he was stupid.

HistoricMustang
    www.historicmustang.com
  3. StangDreamin'

StangDreamin' Founding Member

2nd Ocotillo bush east of the Colorado River; Sout

The wrong person would have been learning the lesson in this case.

Zach's (very nicely built) Bronco was sitting next to a (I won't say "new" but certainly "contemporary") Nissan P/U which actually "lit itself" while parked in the parking lot of a local Sam's Club (where Zach works). Fortunately, my wife and the kids (including NoKitten) were there and were able to alert Zach to the activity outside; whereupon he demonstrated his past successes in track and field by making a quick trip through the shopping crowd to the lot in order to move his Bronco just before the FD arrived.

Would have been a shame....kid has been working hard to properly build his truck; only to have it (thankfully almost) get burnt down by somebody's DD. :nonono:

Still Dreamin'
  4. NoKitten

NoKitten New Member

.... A lesson to whom? Surely, the one who owned that Nissan POS that burnt, but (as StDr stated) Zach's Bronco is dmnd close to cherry. I never meant to imply that this fire was in any way Zach's fault. I think some should consider what they post before they post it. And always read everything carefully.

~meow