Alright guys, I think I've finally made up my mind.

I think I'm gonna turbo my car, but I keep hearing it's not a good idea to just mount any turbo on a dual plug head engine. Should I find an old Turbo Coupe and yank the engine and rebuild it, or can I find a way to use my block I have now and maybe swap heads? I'm just curious here. Now that I have a job that pays me decent money, I was going to save back for a project, and I sure as hell aint dropping in a V8!

• Sponsors (?)

Quick qustion...Do they make a turbo for the dual plug heads? I wanted to keep the engine i have in it right now but i wanna turbo to throw on it. Where could i get a complete turbo kit at and how much stuff would i have to change around. Im not lookin to run alot of Psi like most people do i just wanna get over 200H.P. I don't drive my 1991 2.3 daily so it wouldn't be a problem to let it sit while i work on it...Help would be appreciated

Good questions here.

I am use to seeiing 5.0's with blowers and turbos hung on the mass air system, with just fuel management adjustments.

This does not seem to be as common or feasible for the 2.3's. Apparently the turbo motors have forged pistons, but they could be added to anything.

I would think a mass air 93 would be a good candidate to turbo.

All that said, I now have 2 dead turbo coupe donor cars at my place to do a turbo project with.

I plan to just transplant the engine and electronics from the tbird to a Mustang.

Fast_Mustang87 said:
Quick qustion...Do they make a turbo for the dual plug heads? I wanted to keep the engine i have in it right now but i wanna turbo to throw on it. Where could i get a complete turbo kit at and how much stuff would i have to change around. Im not lookin to run alot of Psi like most people do i just wanna get over 200H.P. I don't drive my 1991 2.3 daily so it wouldn't be a problem to let it sit while i work on it...Help would be appreciated
They do not make a specific turbo for dual plug heads. No one sells a turbo kit for dual plug 2.3's and you would need more than a few PSI to put out around 200HP. You might be able to get 150ish, ask bhuff30, he ran a turbo on his originally N/A 2.3 for a while and was successful with low boost.