alt's good still no charge?!?!?!?!?

sodomnights

Dec 26, 2003
i have a 90 lx 2.3L mustang. daily driver with 252,000 miles and going... till thursday anyway......headlights went dim, int lights as well.... i made it home and pulled her in the shop, i measured about 10.7 volts at the batt with it running... so i pulled the alt and went to autozone and had them test it. at 252,000 miles its still charging strong. i checked the fuses, and none were blown, there are no breaks in the wiring that i can see, all connecters are attached and such.. any of you guys have any clues or had the same prob?

• Sponsors (?)

The only thing I can think is have the Batt tested as well, the Alt could be putting all the charge in the world out, but if you have a bad batt, its not gonna take any of that, But that shouldnt have any affect on it running, only starting.....Hrmmm....Thats a stinker, Mignt have to go constapate on that a while..But yea anyways, have the batt tested as well.

Check the water in the battery before you go out and buy a new one.

At school, some girl's Jeep was not charging.. finally determined that the alternator was good, so we checked the water in the battery. When it was all said and done, we had added just over 1/2 of a gallon!! That fixed the problem.

Also, recently the AMP light had been on in my Mustang. I checked the water there, and I ended up adding 15 to 20 ounces of water. AMP light hasn't come back on since then.