aluminum 2 core radiator VS others

i bought a aluminum 2 core radiator but haven't got to get the car hot yet due to some oil pressure issues on my first start up/ break in.

but i would like to know if the aluminum 2 core radiators are really that much better then the other 3 and 4 core copper radiators?

when i bought mine it said it cools 30-40% better then a 3 or 4 core. do you guys agree?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd be interested to know the same thing. I put a 3 core BB radiator in my car w/ a modified 289 and it never gets even close to hot. The radiator has a small leak at the top and has sprayed coolant onto some alum pieces in my engine bay so I need to get it fixed but I was thinking that if a 2 core alum radiator works at least as well as a 3 core then this would be a good time to switch.

I've had a couple of aluminum radiators over the years and I'd say they're better, but not 30-40% better, than copper units in the same condition. If your current unit is in good shape, you might run10-15 degrees cooler.

2-row vs 3/4-row is not a valid comparison between alum and copper radiators. The rows, or cores, in a good aluminum model are much wider; usually 1"+.

if you compare a two row aluminum radiator with 1" - 1.25" thick cores to a 3/4 core copper brass radiator, then you will have a proper comparison. the thicker aluminum cores wont block airflow as readily as a 3/4 core copper bras radiator. bacfire is right though regarding the efficiency difference.

well i guess i didnt go wrong either way with the aluminum radiator. well let me ask a question in a question wile we are on the cooling topic...

i have the stock 4 blade steel fan right now and really want to change it, should i go with a 5 blade flex fan? will it help better then the stocker.

what power source are you guys hooking up to when you put an electric fan? i would like mine to turn on with ON & OFF switch controlled by me. my battery is located in the rear of the car so could i just hook up right off the solenoid on the fire wall?