Aluminum Driveshaft noises ??

• Sponsors (?)

My friend and I just got done tearing apart the drivetrain on my 88gt. We installed a new clutch but we also put in an alum. Driveshaft. I drove the car for 50 miles today, is Has American Thunders on it, and I didn't hear a single sound except for interior vibrations due to the flowmaster humm.

Had the same problem when I installed a FRPP Driveshaft. The problem i noticed was that when i pulled on my pass. side pipe to fit the shaft in, i bent it against the transmission mount crossmember. Also check to make sure your exhaust isn't hanging too low or too high. Good luck!

I have the same problem. I put in a Ford Racing Aluminum Shaft. Around 45mph it makes a humming/whining sound. If i step off the gas it stop, but even slighty on the gas it humms again. So i dunno if its my rear-end or just the shaft. I have a Bran new tremec 3550, Luk clutch and pressure plate, drive shaft.

you know what would fix that right up?(this works for mettalic noises in exhaust too) is underbody coating, or any rubberized coating, spray it right on the driveshaft. it almost eliminates all harmonic noises wherever it is sprayed.