Aluminum Flywheels: A warping issue???

MidnightBlk98GT

Apr 20, 2004
FL
So, after many months of waiting for the perfect time to put in my new clutch I was thinking of putting in an aluminum flywheel to boot. A few questions came to mind such as do they warp under a lot of stop-and-go traffic (or heat), do they all come with removable steel friction areas and would it be better to go with a billet steel flywheel? I'm looking for the advantages (better acceleration) but more importantly the disadvantages of the aluminum wheel. I'm looking to do the job this summer so there is a time limit on this project...just not too pressing. Thanks for your time.

"}

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure about the steel. I got the lightest one from DandD. They said it would be hard to get oing in traffic. I is a little different to get used to because it revs so fast ut you will adjust in a day or so. I works just as well as te stock one. Get a centerforce dual friction while you are in there. I reved my broters today w/ a stock flywheel in it today and it seemed so skow. Mine you just feather the gas and it is way up to redline. It is very easy to control and drive though. I evn taught my gf to drive a stick with it. Acceleraion was greatly improved.