aluminum intakes are here!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

It claims 23 more horsepower and its only $530.00! I really am excited about this, does anyone know if its legit? Maybe we can organize a group purchase for a discount as I think I have to have it...

OK I'm no expert seeing as I just have a 4.6L 2valve with nearly all the bolt ons. But... "23 more horsepower than a stock manifold at 6300 RPM" wont do me much good seeing as the fuel is shut off at 6100 RPM. :shrug:
I dunno, maybe when I do cams...

stng said:
It claims 23 more horsepower and its only $530.00! I really am excited about this, does anyone know if its legit? Maybe we can organize a group purchase for a discount as I think I have to have it...

doubt it... considering how the aluminum bullitt intake netted only 5 hp.

Yeah after reading other threads this is old news... I just called the rpm and they DONT have it yet. They claim "Hopefully by the end of the year" but after reading all the threads I am going to go ahead and call B.S. on this product...

I'd be happy if it produced a 10rwhp increase across the power band. 23 seems too steep. They did say "dyno proven" so they imply a RWHP gain. I'm calling :bs: on 23rwhp also.

Maybe this intake with an aftermarket plenum & TB can get near 20. We'll have to wait and see,

23hp seems bs. although that is at 6300rpm which you have to raise you limiter to even see.

if this was not bs I would buy in a heartbeat but no other intake on the market can touch 23hp on an otherwise stock car.

I wonder if it the sameintake that was at sema but is still not in final production.

mrvax said:
I'd be happy if it produced a 10rwhp increase across the power band. 23 seems too steep. They did say "dyno proven" so they imply a RWHP gain. I'm calling :bs: on 23rwhp also.

Maybe this intake with an aftermarket plenum & TB can get near 20. We'll have to wait and see,

Saying "dyno proven" doesnt imply that it means rwhp, could have been on
a engine dyno. So they could mean 23 more engine hp.

The proof will be in the pudding.....until then, it's all speculation. But I myself, don't think their performance will match the hype associated with them. I can think of better places to spend that money and when the time came, better intakes to sink it into. :)

:shrug: I personally don't care about 23HP on a 500rwHP supercharged monster (though there are some that obviously do)...what'll it do for a regular daily-driver making 250HP or so? I refuse to get sucked in by marketing hype based on a best-possible-case-scenario.

I want to see multiple dynos, stock, near-stock and heavily modded to see where the thing shines.

Having said this, at least someone has made a competitor to the hideous P51. Let's see a shoot-out!

trinity_gt said:
:shrug: I personally don't care about 23HP on a 500rwHP supercharged monster (though there are some that obviously do)...what'll it do for a regular daily-driver making 250HP or so? I refuse to get sucked in by marketing hype based on a best-possible-case-scenario.
Lets put it this way.....does anyone here think that this revolutionary "new" aluminum PI style intake manifold will outperform a Bullitt piece? If not, then consider that the Bullitt Mustangs make a whopping 5hp over a base GT with otherwise the exact same engine specifications. Sure they (Bullitt Intakes) may make a little better power throughout the entire RPM range as well in comparison to the standard PI manifold…..but we’re also not talking about a much better design than the proposed intake above…..and not a glorified PI knock off.
jstreet0204 said:
I would agree with Gearbanger too, but I read in another aluminum intake thread that he is usually wrong. :D

http://forums.stangnet.com/showpost.php?p=5752164&postcount=22http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=601196
Everyone is entitled to an opinion ;)