aluminum radiators for 95 gt

venom9550

Dec 2, 2003
I just found out that our radiators are plastic.! That sux!. I feel if u by a performance car u should at least get a performace radiator. damn. Anyway i have a 347 stroker kit in my gt and i notice when i drive for long periods of time on the weekends.(i only drive it on weekends), it slowly tends to lean to the hotter side. i jsut had the motor built and everything is new, oil pump, hoses, power streering pump, water pump, block, rings, almost everyting except athe radiator. I've heard that such a large stroker kit in a daily driver without a better radiator will cause such cooling problems. anybody else have these kinds of problems or comments please feel free to share the wealth. Oh yea, if anybody knows where to get a aftermarket radiator kinda CHEap, damn there expensive, plz share the info. Thanks Guys.!

• Sponsors (?)

yea i got underdrive's also so i don't think the minimal horsepower is worth thye excessive heating. i just read how to put on the summit radiator, don't sound to hard, and for $160 not bad idea.

rudeone707 said:
summit radiators are about $170. You have to custom fabricate new radiator mounts.

I don't know why someone on here doesn't start making custom brackets and selling them? I'm not much of a mechanic and would rather buy some brackets and be able to install a cheaper radiator and save some $$$. I'm looking at a new radiator next year.

gcomfx.com said:
I don't know why someone on here doesn't start making custom brackets and selling them? I'm not much of a mechanic and would rather buy some brackets and be able to install a cheaper radiator and save some $$$. I'm looking at a new radiator next year.
thats a good friggin idea, how much would you buy brackets for?