Aluminum Radiators

Fms

FMS makes a factory replacement aluminum radiator now. My friend has one and it works good. I think summit has em. Ron Davis makes really nice units, Griffin has a bad rep, be cool is good but 2x as much as anybody else, and Howe are ok. The new Motorsport one is meant to be a stock replacement....can't front on that!!! (whatever that means)

• Sponsors (?)

xplo89gt said:
I have heard the 3-core aluminum radiators from pepboys are great for the value. Just over $100 I think. Anyone else run these?

That is the "maximum cooling" option and is manufactured by GoDan. Also sold other places. It retails for about $135-150, drop in replacement. I have one and it does very well, stays cool. It is a great stock upgrade, it looks just like the stock one, only more than twice as thick. When I had the stock radiator, I had A/C and the original clutch fan. Running A/C in traffic the gauge went between the N. After install, even with the freewheeling clutchfan, it sunk between the R and M of normal. A/C delete and BM electric fan it never got above the bottom of the M.

I would get the AFCO or maby another option because the price isn't much different but I am shure the aluminuns cool better, more room to grow.

BTW: some of these racing radiators don't have trans lines, check to make shure they do if you have an Auto, or better yet, get a big trans cooler.

I have the FFRP aluminum with the composite sides...it works and fits very well on my ~450HP NA motor. I have a Mark VIII fan that helps I'm sure, but it never goes above ~200 even with the A/C on in 100*+ heat.
It has 14 fins per square inch....fins/inch should be considered when comparing radiators, more is better of course.

Hey Matm - What type of install issues did you have with the FRPP radiator and the Mark8? I am in the middle of a Mark8 install right now, and I am having to send the Summit generic 27" radiator back, because it wouldn't fit....

How thick is the core on an FRPP rad? I've looked all over and no one has any dimensions on these things. Let me know, thanks.

Thanx I ordered it last night and it said it was able to fot 79-93 mustangs woo hoo, my car is comming back together. Btw, Myke86GT, that is one of the nicest 4 eyes I have ever seen

mikeoforchard said:
A lot of us have 180 T-Stats...I was wondering if those of us who have good radiators find that our temp is actually a lot lower then optimal. For instance, Myke is running as cold as 150-160. I thought our engines make the most power at about 190. So if our radiators are up to the job shouldn't we have 194 T-stats?

Your right 160 is too cool. Mine only ran that cool during normal driving, and when I would get on a highway or something. When I beat on it, it ran abaout 170-180.. But all this was before the blower, and I think the 8.5:1 compression helped in running so cool. Now with the blower on it runs 180-195 and will get uop to 200-210 in traffic. My problem now is my fan can't keep up standing still.

Thanx I ordered it last night and it said it was able to fot 79-93 mustangs woo hoo, my car is comming back together. Btw, Myke86GT, that is one of the nicest 4 eyes I have ever seen

THX,,, And I think you will be pleased with that rad....

Myke86GT said:
The AFCO is $179.95 and they had a special when you ordered from their site, of $5 shipping. ($184.95 to you door) www.afcoracing.com Do a search on the forum and the part you should a few threads about this....

mikeoforchard - I was thinkin the same thing about running abit too cool and thinking about putting a 195* thermo in and test it out.....

could anyone help me find this all i see is the 500 dollar ones =[

edit i tihnk i found it.........but racing radiator would that be good on a daily driver? im plannin on a single turbo to be finsihed soon and it prob get really hot in there.....also.....the street preformances seem to be like 300 dollars more..y? thanks

sidewayzisbest said:
could anyone help me find this all i see is the 500 dollar ones =[

edit i tihnk i found it.........but racing radiator would that be good on a daily driver? im plannin on a single turbo to be finsihed soon and it prob get really hot in there.....also.....the street preformances seem to be like 300 dollars more..y? thanks

I run mine on the street.. Matter of fact I just swapped to the 93 cobra water pump pulley and my car has been running at 180-195 all day long with the blower with a cheap 16" electris 16" fan, that only pulls about 1200 cfm... That is without the AC though, since I don't have it hooked up.

FMS are really good, just put one in 2 weeks ago and i love it.Griffins are probaly the best , i was quoted $800.00 CDN for a Griffin and the FMS was $400.00 so i went with FMS