Am I Getting Screwed?

puffdog0

Nov 10, 2013
So I went by my local muffler shop today to get an estimate on how much it would cost to cut my existing Y-Pipe off and install a true dual system with straight piping going from the cats to my mufflers, no mid pipe at all.

After seeing how much pipe they would need I got told the price would be $325 for everything including labor, pipe cost and what-not. Now, a question to everyone on here. Is that too much or a decent price. Am I getting played or what?

• Sponsors (?)

So I went by my local muffler shop today to get an estimate on how much it would cost to cut my existing Y-Pipe off and install a true dual system with straight piping going from the cats to my mufflers, no mid pipe at all.

After seeing how much pipe they would need I got told the price would be $325 for everything including labor, pipe cost and what-not. Now, a question to everyone on here. Is that too much or a decent price. Am I getting played or what?
Go for it man, thats not bad-- CHOP

You might want to look around a bit before doing it. More than likely, you'll be spending money on a modification that causes a performance loss.

Your OEM exhaust is a tuned system. By hacking it up, you will be affecting exhaust scavenging. Expect to lose some performance for your efforts. There's no way in hell I'd be messing with a late model exhaust unless it was due to the installation of long tubes, a custom tune, and a blower or turbo.