Am I going in the Right Direction?

ChristmasGT

Nov 3, 2003
Hey there, I recently got my 87TC motor, to my amazement the motor is so unbelievably perfect.

Zero Oil leaks, almost ZERO shaft play in the turbo, and the head is so rediculously clean that its amazing (its like...gold?)

I am in the process of purchasing an LA3 computer with A large VAM and Harness.

Next will come with ported and rotated upper Intake (from bob) and Ported Lower intake (from bob also) and A 65MM TB

then Finally the Intercooler with T-5 swap, I want something really nice and cool with the intercooler since its such a big part of how much I'll gain.

I would really really like the car to run a high to mid 12, I know thats not easy, but I'd really like it done, if Anyone can point me in the right direction its you guys, from everyone I talked too it seems I got a complete Steal on the motor ($289) since its in almost Flawless shape.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated! (my 5.0 Friends dont think a 4cyl Turbo can run 12's for under 3,000)

• Sponsors (?)

Your gonna need to either port the head or blow on it real hard to get to mid 12's.

Mike_svor was pulling 12's in a holset power junkyard build.

also 351w_coupe should be low 12's in his stock 2.3T nitrous car.

Since your motor is an 87, chances are it has the IHI turbo which could very well hurt your chances of 12's. Its a good turbo, quite abit smaller than the Stock T3's that came on all other 2.3T's (minus 87-88 Tc).