Am I missing anything?

Sanctus

May 17, 2005
Trabuco Canyon
I'm breaking my track cherry at Buttonwillow in about a month and that means it's time to get Nancy a couple presents. What do you think about this list? (see Sig for installed mods)

From American Muscle:

Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Eibach ProKit
Eibach Anti-Roll kit
Tokio D-Spec Shocks
Hawk HPS pads (front and back)
Powerslot Rotors (F+B)
Charge Motion Plate Deletes
Underdrive Pullies

*Attention people in the Bay Area, if you know of any good Dyno shops I'm going to need a tune. Who do you recommend? AED?

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry should have clarified. Buttonwillow is a RaceTrack, not a dragstrip, autoX or mudtrack.

I am wondering if the stock wheels and tires will do me the greatest disservice. Is there a better option than dropping 1.5K on better rolling rubber?

i'm actually currently getting into roadracing, i haven't done it yet, but i plan on doing it very soon, pretty much as soon as i get my time i want drag racing.

i think for that kind of racing a great set of rubber would do you good though. some people have more experience with that then me though so i'd listen to them.

Yay another road racer! sounds like you're off to a good start from the list you just gave. Though you'd be surprised at the cornering ability of a stock Mustang GT. I'd invest heavily in brakes. I'm done with upgrading my suspension for the foreseeable future but I still won't touch a trackday until my brakes are up to par.

Only Auto-X till then.

Okay after a days worth of internet searching here's my revised list (Best pricing considered):

Autoanything
- Eibach AntiRoll kit

BrenSpeed:
-Panhard bar
-Powerslot Rotors
-Hawk Brake Pads

Ebay
-Strut Tower Brace

American Muscle:
-Tokio D-Spec Struts
-Eibach Prokit
-Agent 47 Brake Duct + Facia inlet
-Charge Motion Plate Deletes
-4.10 Gears

Gtracing inc
-Saleen Short Throw Shift kit

TireRack
-Wheels + Tyres

I think this is a respectable setup but unfortunately I'm going with a bunch of those Audi guys from StaSiS Engineering. And boy do they come prepared...

You'll always run into someone that either has more skill, more money, more time, more preparation or all of the above so don't worry, have fun and learn especially from the items that are free like skill/experience. The car will be relatively quick even with simple suspension mods, remember you're running 300HP + depending on the setup just be mindful that you got a good cornering machine (not handling) and when bringing the party to a halt and you'll do just fine.