Amazing!!!! Raced a Lambo Gallardo today!

• Sponsors (?)

So everyone says "if we only knew" but noone cares to explain this guy's Mustang. So he must have a fast car...how fast is it then? I surely don't know and obviously a lot of people here don't know either.

And straight from Motor trend (I know you can't always trust the mags):

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
Vehicle layout Mid-engine, awd, 2-door, 2-pass, coupe
Engine type 5.0L 90° V-10
Max horsepower @ rpm 495 @ 7800
Max torque @ rpm 376 @ 4500
Specific output, hp/liter 99.8
Power-to-weight, lb/hp 6.4
0-60 mph, sec 4.7
0-100 mph, sec 11.0
1/4 mile, sec @ mph 13.08 @ 109.89
Top speed, mph 192 (est)
Braking, 60-0 mph, ft 114
Base price $165,900
Price as tested $172,000 (est)
On sale in U.S. Currently

Only 110 mph in the 1/4, there are LOTS of cars that could take that, hell a stock Z06 would hand that thing it's a$$, and at 90 hp less, what's up with that? Must be overrated in the power department.

STILL, I would LOVE to race one! Good job!

All wheel drive looses alot of power thru the drive train.

Ben runs a Kenne Bell with Race gas all the time so he pushes around 23 lbs of boost everywhere he goes. The thing is flat wicked! He cruises around town in over 600 rwhp, so he could and will pretty much hand most street cars their azz. 1st and pretty much 2nd gear are just rubber burners, but catch him on a 3rd gear cruise :nice:

FastWhiteTA said:
So everyone says "if we only knew" but noone cares to explain this guy's Mustang. So he must have a fast car...how fast is it then? I surely don't know and obviously a lot of people here don't know either.

And straight from Motor trend (I know you can't always trust the mags):

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
Vehicle layout Mid-engine, awd, 2-door, 2-pass, coupe
Engine type 5.0L 90° V-10
Max horsepower @ rpm 495 @ 7800
Max torque @ rpm 376 @ 4500
Specific output, hp/liter 99.8
Power-to-weight, lb/hp 6.4
0-60 mph, sec 4.7
0-100 mph, sec 11.0
1/4 mile, sec @ mph 13.08 @ 109.89
Top speed, mph 192 (est)
Braking, 60-0 mph, ft 114
Base price $165,900
Price as tested $172,000 (est)
On sale in U.S. Currently

Only 110 mph in the 1/4, there are LOTS of cars that could take that, hell a stock Z06 would hand that thing it's a$$, and at 90 hp less, what's up with that? Must be overrated in the power department.

STILL, I would LOVE to race one! Good job!

The folks around these parts know what he's running so we don't feel the need to expound on the details.

Also, the search button may yield some of the details that explain his performance level. Since you seem to be reluctant to do a little research or maybe you’re just a little lazy here are a few details.

’03 Cobra
KB with assloads of boost, assloads.
Many other go fast goodies.

If you piece together comments like “55 gallon barrels of racing fuel delivered to his house” and “thats because you haven't watched his car leave posi marks, on dry pavement, at highway speed” you’d have a good idea of the car. But then again these comments might not hit home with you because these kinds of comments probably never apply to ’95 TA.

duner said:
But then again these comments might not hit home with you because these kinds of comments probably never apply to ’95 TA.

Hey now... don't blame the F-bodies here :D

There are several 95 TA's that might make Ben buy more stuff to put on his car. Not many/any in Portland... but trust me... theres always someone faster (and they are usually driving a Grand National). ;)

duner said:
The folks around these parts know what he's running so we don't feel the need to expound on the details.

Also, the search button may yield some of the details that explain his performance level. Since you seem to be reluctant to do a little research or maybe you’re just a little lazy here are a few details.

’03 Cobra
KB with assloads of boost, assloads.
Many other go fast goodies.

If you piece together comments like “55 gallon barrels of racing fuel delivered to his house” and “thats because you haven't watched his car leave posi marks, on dry pavement, at highway speed” you’d have a good idea of the car. But then again these comments might not hit home with you because these kinds of comments probably never apply to ’95 TA.

I'm new to the Portland area, so NO, I don't know about his car. And OBVIOUSLY others don't either. I think you're hilarious w/ your blanket statements of those things never applying to a 95 TA :rlaugh: . No way could an LT1 be fast you say! :rolleyes: Yes, I gathered from those comments that his car was fast, and no, I didn't do a search, not because I was lazy, but because I didn't care that much to do a search about it. And I never said his car couldn't take a Lambo, I know all well there are always cars faster. Re read my post, never once did I make a condescending comment about his car, I simply asked about it. Thanks for your snotty explanation. If you noticed, someone already filled in the details before you, so your comments were not needed.

saleenster said:
All wheel drive looses alot of power thru the drive train.

Ben runs a Kenne Bell with Race gas all the time so he pushes around 23 lbs of boost everywhere he goes. The thing is flat wicked! He cruises around town in over 600 rwhp, so he could and will pretty much hand most street cars their azz. 1st and pretty much 2nd gear are just rubber burners, but catch him on a 3rd gear cruise :nice:

What color is it?

jordanvraptor said:
Can you imagine the legal consequences if he got hurt in a street race with one of us lowly Americans? Can you say hung by your xxxxs? Not to mention some Imam would put out a fatwah on your butt.... Remember Salman Rushdie.....?

Yeah you better polish up on your Farsi! My wife is majoring in Middle Eastern Afairs. :) She is a serious Bush Zealot! Watch out all ye' Kerry mashers... :rlaugh: She may issue a "Whack a Mole" on your butts!

If you want to talk about Bad Ass...Ford and Aston Martin. Now that's nasty!

McNasty

McSweet! I love AM's

My favorite car in the world is the old DB7 Le Mans edtion! Kinda looks like a Cobra...hmmm I wounder why? :spot:

FastWhiteTA said:
I'm new to the Portland area, so NO, I don't know about his car. And OBVIOUSLY others don't either. I think you're hilarious w/ your blanket statements of those things never applying to a 95 TA :rlaugh: . No way could an LT1 be fast you say! :rolleyes: Yes, I gathered from those comments that his car was fast, and no, I didn't do a search, not because I was lazy, but because I didn't care that much to do a search about it. And I never said his car couldn't take a Lambo, I know all well there are always cars faster. Re read my post, never once did I make a condescending comment about his car, I simply asked about it. Thanks for your snotty explanation. If you noticed, someone already filled in the details before you, so your comments were not needed.

Yeah, good way to make an entrance.....If you didn't care that much about it, don't ask. Oh yeah, welcome to Oregon..

FastWhiteTA said:
Hi-ho, Silver!!! Hold on boy ...or you wont last long here. :rolleyes:

YellowLightning said:
I have a hard time beliving that a stang could even keep up with a Lambo, let alone smoke it.

there quite a few of us mustang people that could put a hurt on most of the exotics they are fast but not as fast as a well done and thought out mustang such as 909's :flag: :flag: