American Muscle shorty antenna snapped, warranty?

Evenflow

yellow snow cone lover
Nov 4, 2004
Mass
Well, I bought one a few months back when they had them for $15.00 plus free shipping. It came in the mail a couple days later bent halfway like an L cause the mail people just stuffed it in. I straightened it out but the metal/plastic was already stressed to the point where if something hit it would snap.

We got our first snowfall in Boston last night and I guess some ice must of fell off my top of my garage and landed on it because when I walked out this morning to dust my car off the antenna was broken and all that was left was the base.

I looked on American Muscles site but couldn't find an email contact to email them to ask so I figure I would ask here. Is there a warranty on these things? I wouldn't mind paying shipping for a new one if possible since it was screwed to begin with when it got mailed to me cause of stupid USPS.

• Sponsors (?)

i accidentally bent mine while installing my headers, and when i went to bend it back it just snapped, this was like a week after i got it so i was like wtffffff lol. But i dont know if AM has a warranty on them or not, i just left it with only the base on there, IMO it looks better now than it did before.

Not to be a smartass, but you prolly should have sent it back when you first received it damaged, in the original packaging. That way they knew for sure it was damaged in transit. Now, they just have to take your word for it.

Well, I bought one a few months back when they had them for $15.00 plus free shipping. It came in the mail a couple days later bent halfway like an L cause the mail people just stuffed it in. I straightened it out but the metal/plastic was already stressed to the point where if something hit it would snap.

We got our first snowfall in Boston last night and I guess some ice must of fell off my top of my garage and landed on it because when I walked out this morning to dust my car off the antenna was broken and all that was left was the base.

I looked on American Muscles site but couldn't find an email contact to email them to ask so I figure I would ask here. Is there a warranty on these things? I wouldn't mind paying shipping for a new one if possible since it was screwed to begin with when it got mailed to me cause of stupid USPS.

I am sorry to hear you are having a problem with this product. I believe that it carries a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer against defect. The problem here lies in that the initial damage was caused by shipping so the manufacturer will most likely deny a replacement.

If you PM me your full name and/or order number, I should be able to have a replacement sent to you. But for the future, always call if you have shipping damage so a damage claim can be filed.

If this were a more expensive item I probably would not be able to just send you a replacement like this and you would have to try your luck with a warranty claim. And I can't think of any manufacturers that would accept the blame for what was ultimately the shipping company's fault.

Mine too. About 5 years for me. Just give them a call and see what they say.
Here is there contact. You must not have looked in the right place :p

Information about AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Same here actually. I have had the same 8" Black antenna on my '93 Fox for over 5 years with no problems.

Not to be a smartass, but you prolly should have sent it back when you first received it damaged, in the original packaging. That way they knew for sure it was damaged in transit. Now, they just have to take your word for it.

This. Whenever you receive a package that has shipping damage, the very first thing you should do is call the company that shipped it to you. Even if you think you can fix it. That way it is on record, and a damage claim can be filed through the shipping company and a brand new undamaged product can be shipped out to you.

+1 for AM. Just to say this is not my first purchase from you guys and won't be my last. Thats what I call great C/S and caring/listening to the customer.

Got my confirmation and everything. I will contact on arrival from now on if there are any defects/etc.

Thanks!