An1 here do Taekwondo

• Sponsors (?)

I did that way back in the day and got a few short of black, I think it was brown belt with 1 stripe. Then my parents and I moved to jax for one year and by the time I got back home I had forgotten some and was no longer to into it. That is one think I relaly regret not keeping up with :bang: But enjoy it, it is a lot of fun. :nice:

lmao Caldwell
Wesely Snipes is best at running away from cops and jumping ontop of trains and such. He's #1 in my book.

For those who have done it, wasn't it sort of hard when you first started. The moving of your hips and all and that darn round house kick.

Hm, not to take away from jackie chan's incredible abilities...
i actually don't know much about him, just that he had eye surgery in '76 :p

but I do know Snipes is a trained martial artist in a number of different disciplines including Karate, Kung Fu and Capoeira, an African/Brazilian martial art,
and a 5th degree black belt.

I quit karate about 3 years ago, I just couldn't juggle it around school and homework and all that. I was in it for 4 years, i got up to purple with a green stripe, thats 3 away from black belt if I can recall. It was fun, I quit right before we started to learn how to use staff's and knumchucks, of course at the time I didnt know that, other wise I would have stayed through that lesson. But don't worry you will get used to those roundhouse kicks, just make sure you strecth before hand you dont wanna pull sumthing!! :notnice: That def hurts

Go to www.sherdog.com or www.mma.tv and tell them you do Taikwondo and wanna be able to kick anybody's ass. You will get laughed at. Any training is better than no training but most traditional martial arts train you into having a false sense of security.

Thats why you dont see any MMA fighters with Taikwondo as their fighting style, it dosent work in average real world confrontations because of the way it is trained. You see what the baddest fighters in the world use, they all cross train in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Western Boxing and Muai Tai.

Some have a primary in BJJ, some are wrestling, some are Muai Tai but almost everybody cross trains. If you can find a good Brazillian Jiu Jitsu or Vale Tudo school in your area, you should try it out. You will learn real life stuff that works in real life combat.

Oh and Im a or was anyway a 3rd Degree Black Belt in Tang Soo Doo, so heh, yea, I can speak out against it. I did it when I was a little younger and put 150% into it at all times and still never learned anything of real value. Your best bet is learn to grapple, BJJ and wrestling are where it's at for that. Why kick somebody with some flashy spinning jump kick when you can choke them or arm bar them. :)

Well I know I won't be able to kick everybody's ass. I didn't mean it that way, just that I'd have an advantage over people who havn't been taught a fighting style.

Oh and I know Taekwondo isn't the best martial art for street fighting. But it still gives you the upper hand on some people (not all). Our fighting style is to prevent a fight on the ground, to keep distance on the opponent. But if it does end up on the ground, then most of us would be pretty much screwed.

Anyways, I just think a flying jump kick to the face looks a lot cooler than just tackling a guy and choking him. :)

Yea, it can give you an advantage over the average retard but the main thing is to make sure you train at a realistic pace. Alot of the punches and stuff people throw when training arent the same ones that a wild pissed off person throws. Trust me, I know. :)

I know you say they teach you to avoid going to the ground but if somebody wants you on the ground bad enough and knows even basic high school wrestling, you will end up there and be like a fish out of water. Another problem is traditional martial arts dont really teach how to fight out of the clench.

Just remember, train realistically and train hard and if you ever have the chance, cross train! :)

Im suprised you started with no belt, most places start you at white and either go to stripes or straight to yellow. They are all different though. When we used to spar, we went all out almost, even the adults at the time went pretty fugging hard. Which is how you have to be if you are going to get anywhere.

Have you seen the Wild Boys video where Chris Pontious and Steve O go to Royler Gracie's school in Brazil? Funny stuff, Royler chokes out Chris and then one of their black belt girls owned Steve O on the ground, caught him with an arm bar. Was insane.