foncarelli

Jan 7, 2003
Do i need a BAP?

Attachments

• mustang dyno.jpg
    mustang dyno.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Sponsors (?)

Id throw one on there just to be sure, but I'd have it retuned for a flatter a/f curve looks like they knew they were gonna run out of fuel so they made it really rich and hoped it would offset the lack of fuel for a little while.

that a/f ratio is horrible. it's lean up top.

here's my dyno.
vbgarage.php

i have the same fuel pump and injectors as you. i'm making 380rwhp with an auto. that's probably around 400 with a 5spd. look at my A/F ratio. that's how yours should look. if i can make 380 while being rich, you should easily be able to make 390 and not be lean up top.

it starts going dangerously lean in at the end of the pull. if it keeps that up then i wouldnt run the car to the high rpms until the a/f is brought back to the high12/1 ratio. you have the right components, so the pump may need a little more juice to raise the pressure at higher rpms. a BAP in my opinion is an investment. better to try that than destroy a motoer you have spent so much $$$ on.

I had this same problem with my aviator pump and stock tank. we added fuel in the tune more than once and it still went lean up top. its not the pumps its the GT's tank and fuel basket setup. I swapped to the Cobra tank and pumps and now the tune was a breeze. my AFR is almost like a flatline and is much more predictable and consistant to tune.

01SN8K said:
it starts going dangerously lean in at the end of the pull. if it keeps that up then i wouldnt run the car to the high rpms until the a/f is brought back to the high12/1 ratio. you have the right components, so the pump may need a little more juice to raise the pressure at higher rpms. a BAP in my opinion is an investment. better to try that than destroy a motoer you have spent so much $$$ on.

Isnt there a mod that some guys were doing with a heavier gauge wire to the fuel pump or something??????