Annoying sounds, please help

• Sponsors (?)

well my friend and I decided a video with a sound of the problem might help out. watch it a few times because its hard to figure out with watching one time. noise happens in 2nd and 3rd. you'll hear.

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s13.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/nicksept/100_0436.flv"></embed>

you know, im wonderin if thats it, and i thought about that today, if i thought the sound was gone right after the o/r H went in, and now the smog pump tube **** i dunno what its called rattles when im just driving but havent had time to get under the car. ill get back to you guys on this one.

Dude i just watched the video and that sounds exactly like what my car does. It's a pinging/knocking sound at high rpm's that gets worse when its hot out or if the car has been running for a long time. Ive got a catted x and shorties, all the connections are tight, nothing is loose. MAF is barely a year old, injectors have been flushed multiple times, timing is stock at 10*, fuel pump is barely 18 months old and i hardly ever allow the gas level to get so low as for the fuel light to come on. I always run at least 89 octane, but usually 93. It pings with either, but it doesnt happen as soon on the higher grade stuff. When i wind it out past 3k in third and fourth gears, it loses mad power if it pings. In the humidity of summer it gets much worse.

haha the only thing i can think to do other than have someone dyno tune it (which i cant afford anyway), is buying a fenderwell CAI and seeing if it does anything. Right now i just have a K&N on the stock inlet tube, but i had the pinging problem with the stock filter and shroud, so idk if thatll make any difference.

Mine did the same thing whenit was stock. It still does it with a bbk fenderwell CAI, under drive pullies, FRPP F-cam, Mac H-pipe, flowmaster cat back.

What is the normal fuel pressure that we're supposed to be at?? I've tried it with the timing at 10* and worked up to 20*. It's set at 18* right now, runs good at that timing with the cam. Gonna change the fuel filter and clean the MAF also.

Vic

ok let's see hmmm according to my Haynes Repair Manual :rlaugh:
pinging or knocking engine sounds when engine is under load :
- incorrect fuel grade
- ignition timing incorrect
- carbon built-up in combustion chamber
- incorrect spark plugs
- fuel injections or engine control systems malfunction
- restricted exhaust system ( chapter 4 :rlaugh: )
:D