ANOTHER "281 Wing Group Purchase" Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Not a problem, but we've had group buys denied in the past, due to them being vendors that were in disagreement with SN Admin/Ownership, or had a poor reputation. That's quite a bit cheaper than one of our very own sponsors (MCR Parts). Any details on the deal you came across?

Here's what I have so far. In the Corral Classifieds, under exterior, there is -what looks like- a sole individual that had a few for sale. I asked how long he would have them for (he had 4 of them). I wanted one but wasnt quite ready yet. He said he could always get them from Kaenen, and they were $175 each.. SO I just asked him about a group rate, and he said as long as he gets 4 or 5 buyers, he could do it for $150. As far as I know there was NO deadline, and it was an individual seller, not a company (unless he represent it, but doesnt say). Anyway, his correspondence so far has been professional and timely.

I myself was not quite ready yet, but for $150 (shipping to me was $55), I may jump on it before the prices go up. So if there are 3 or 4 others ready now, I will go for it.

Thanks
RC

Everytime one of these comes up for that wing I get a wild hair to ditch my stock cobra wing.

The thing is you can always sell the Cobra wing to make up some of the money. There is always someone willing to buy that. I hope to get about $100 for my after market wing.

Thanks
RC

The thing is you can always sell the Cobra wing to make up some of the money. There is always someone willing to buy that. I hope to get about $100 for my after market wing.

Thanks
RC

Yea I know your right. humm... ya know I never thought about it but is it illegal to not have a third brake light or is that even a law at all?
Cause my trunklid has no brake light in it just the wing.

Group buy status: Approved :nice:

Just wanted to toss a reminder out there to proceed with caution when dealing with an unknown vendor. As RC pointed out, this is a single person who has a connection with Kaenen and is able to get a hold of these wings.

That being said, I bet he's got a potential to make quite a few customers between the 94-95 guys here, and the 96-98 guys, so we should probably open the group buy up to them, too. We should put together a list from both 94-95 and 4.6 to see if he has the capability to get X number. I'll also shoot a PM to MCRParts.com (SN Sponsor) to see if they'd be interested in something like this, also. They sell them for $199.95 + shipping currently. I'd always much rather deal with a known vendor and SN Sponsor than an unknown, so if they're interested in running a special, that would be ideal, IMO.

Group buy status: Approved :nice:

Just wanted to toss a reminder out there to proceed with caution when dealing with an unknown vendor. As RC pointed out, this is a single person who has a connection with Kaenen and is able to get a hold of these wings.

That being said, I bet he's got a potential to make quite a few customers between the 94-95 guys here, and the 96-98 guys, so we should probably open the group buy up to them, too. We should put together a list from both 94-95 and 4.6 to see if he has the capability to get X number. I'll also shoot a PM to MCRParts.com (SN Sponsor) to see if they'd be interested in something like this, also. They sell them for $199.95 + shipping currently. I'd always much rather deal with a known vendor and SN Sponsor than an unknown, so if they're interested in running a special, that would be ideal, IMO.

+1