Another 5 Lug Question....Please help

roadrunner19va

Oct 1, 2005
I know to convert to a 1991 mustang to 5 lug you need all front brake assemble from a 1994 - 1995 mustang. Can I use any other year mustang for it. I can get a set from either a 2002 or a 1997 mustang for real cheap. Will these work? What are the differences? Please let me know asap. I plan on getting these this weekend if they will work. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I know to convert to a 1991 mustang to 5 lug you need all front brake assemble from a 1994 - 1995 mustang. Can I use any other year mustang for it. I can get a set from either a 2002 or a 1997 mustang for real cheap. Will these work? What are the differences? Please let me know asap. I plan on getting these this weekend if they will work. Thanks

really, it all depends on what wheels you want to run. if youve got an 8 or 7 inch wide wheel (or smaller) with the proper backspacing, the 96-04 spindles will work. for a 9 inch wide wheel youll probably want the 94-95 units unless you have the proper backspaing and offset. the brakes from 95-04 are all interchangeable, the 99-04 have a twin piston aluminum caliper vs a single piston iron one, and of course the cobras have the 13in rotors and twin pot calipers.

The reason 96 and newer spindles can be found cheap is because nobody wants those parts.
Use 94/95 spindles, and v6/gt/cobra rears, with northracecars.com brackets to keep the fox width rear.

The 96+ spindles offer better suspension geometry. It's just that they push the wheels out about 14mm more than stock. Wheel selection is key.

As far as brakes go, the 99-04 GT front brakes are far more superior.