Another Conversion Thread...

CrossShot4

Oct 6, 2014
Ohio
Well lets get started. I have an 89 Mustang Lx, 5.0 5 speed. I love all Mustangs but I love four eyed cars more. So, I'm asking you guys to help me put an 86 front clip on my 89. I have the entire front clip, wiring hareness, side moldings, and rear bumper already. Is there anything else i need?

• Sponsors (?)

Im going to leave the side glass alone. I like Aero style side windows better. But i do have a question, Do the side windows make a difference to the conversion? Im not real knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff.

Naw... leave em. There's many that opted to put the larger windows into their 4 eye.

Most won't notice the difference.

Naw... leave em. There's many that opted to put the larger windows into their 4 eye.

Most won't notice the difference.

Yeah i've search for similar threads but all those have done was confuse me. Ive seen people say oh well you need to change the side widows, mirrrors, tail lights, hatch and all sorts of stuff and i'm just like really? Why?

Yeah i've search for similar threads but all those have done was confuse me. Ive seen people say oh well you need to change the side widows, mirrrors, tail lights, hatch and all sorts of stuff and i'm just like really? Why?

If you're wanting a clone then yeah. It sounds to me like you just like the look of the 4-eye. I for one can't argue with ya there.

The down side? You get additional shock tower clearance? Sold. hehe

Make sure you do before and after pics. Swapping the nose isn't really that big of a deal. Keep good track of all your hardware. LRS has new stuff if you need it.

If you're wanting a clone then yeah. It sounds to me like you just like the look of the 4-eye. I for one can't argue with ya there.

The down side? You get additional shock tower clearance? Sold. hehe

Make sure you do before and after pics. Swapping the nose isn't really that big of a deal. Keep good track of all your hardware. LRS has new stuff if you need it.
Yeah i really do love the 4 eye look. But i cant seem to find one for less than 10k on criagslist. I picked up my 89 for 2500 and bought the 86 front clip, wiring hareness, side moldings, and rear bumper for 200 bucks off a guy that totalled the whole underneath of his Mustang. Is the actual task of changing everything hard? I dont really work on cars.