Another damn ticket

SexyStang1994

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2002
Daytona Beach, Florida
Kyle (nagash01ws6) and I were driving home in my sister's car (she's in Germany right now and her car is great on gas) and I got pulled over. Instead of pulling over on the side of the road, I decided to pull into a gas station up ahead (for his safety). Apparantly he wanted me to pull into a parking spot because he started yelling on the loud speaker for me to pull up. My sister's car is a 1982 Mercedes Benz 350SD (diesel) and she has limo tint. I was only going 5mph over the speed limit (had it on cruise control) so I wasn't sure if he was going to be a dick because of that. Nope, way off. My sister's left taillight was out. He didn't say one word about the speeding and limo tint...... and gave me a ticket for the taillight. In addition, there were two separate cops that pulled me over FOR A TAILLIGHT!!!!!!!! Good grief! There were 3 other cars at the gas station that barely even started up and he has me pulled over for a damn taillight.

Then he looks in the backseat and "asks what the hell is that??" We brought my friend's air compressor over to my house so I told him it was an air compressor lol. ARG! What the hell??

70 dollars later, and after he got done talking to the other cop for 30 mins, we were let go.

I'm PISSED! and going to fight this one!!

oh yeah........ why is the ticket $70 dollars for a $2 ****ing bulb???????? Isn't that a bit of over kill? :fuss:

• Sponsors (?)

SexyStang1994 said:
Kyle and I were driving home in my sister's car (she's in Germany right now and her car is great on gas) and I got pulled over. Instead of pulling over on the side of the road, I decided to pull into a gas station up ahead (for his safety). Apparantly he wanted me to pull into a parking spot because he started yelling on the loud speaker for me to pull up. My sister's car is a 1982 Mercedes Benz 350SD (diesel) and she has limo tint. I was only going 5mph over the speed limit (had it on cruise control) so I wasn't sure if he was going to be a dick because of that. Nope, way off. My sister's left taillight was out. He didn't say one word about the speeding and limo tint...... and gave me a ticket for the taillight. In addition, there were two separate cops that pulled me over FOR A TAILLIGHT!!!!!!!! Good grief! There were 3 other cars at the gas station that barely even started up and he has me pulled over for a damn taillight.

Then he looks in the backseat and "asks what the hell is that??" We brought Ben's air compressor over to my house so I told him it was an air compressor lol. ARG! What the hell??

70 dollars later, and after he got done talking to the other cop for 30 mins, we were let go.

I'm PISSED! and going to fight this one!!

oh yeah........ why is the ticket $70 dollars for a $2 ****ing bulb???????? Isn't that a bit of over kill? :fuss:

I'm guessing because it could potentially lead to an accident but good luck fighting it. :shrug:

I dont ticket for tail lights being out. I just use it as an excuse to pull someone over then, check them out, then I will give them a faulty equipment notice for the light. Cops that give tickets for lights are a@@holes, but I dont believe you can fight it. It is a pay only type of thing.

S/CBlack95GT said:
I dont ticket for tail lights being out. I just use it as an excuse to pull someone over then, check them out, then I will give them a faulty equipment notice for the light. Cops that give tickets for lights are a@@holes, but I dont believe you can fight it. It is a pay only type of thing.

Yeah I know, it just sucks though. I didn't even get a warning! I was on my way to Wal-Mart, I would have had it fixed in 20 mins too once I found out that it was out! :mad:

I called up my parents and they just laughed. They said they'd give me the $70 since it isn't even my car lol.

I looked up the FL laws and I guess you can get a cop to verify the light is fixed and it reduces the ticket.

SexyStang1994 said:
I looked up the FL laws and I guess you can get a cop to verify the light is fixed and it reduces the ticket.

Yea, if you wrote you the "fix it" type ticket you can go to a local PD or sheriff and that will reduce the fine.

I have co-workers that write people for lights and it is just wrong. My dad owns a company with a fleet of vehicles and I worked for him for several years. Lights on those vehicles were constantly going out, especially on trailers. Some cops just write small stuff like that though because it gives them activity. I could write 10 tickets a day for lights if I wanted to, but it is not right.

1105 said:
oh man and I thought edgewarer cops were the only dicks around here. Were you in portorange by any chance or was this in daytona?

It was on ISB heading west to Deland from Daytona....but now that I think of it I guess I got lucky. Two days ago my grandpa gave me one of his guns (antique collectible) and his old coin collection. I guess I'm lucky he didn't pull me over then and find the rifle in my backseat and then arrest me for having rare coins too! hahaha :rlaugh: