Another day, Another GREEDY dealership.

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear that!!! I went through the same thing!! My name was # 1 on the list at MSRP Feb 05'. Dealer gave me constant updates and I was reassured over and over it would be MSRP... well the day comes to actually order it... they tell me $15k over.. no less. I said F- off!!!!
BS!!!!
Hang in there the price will come down. The Z06's were $10-25k over... now if you look hard enough you can find them at MSRP.

427-SOHC said:
I'll try to make a long story short. Put a deposit down on the Shelby GT500 in March of 2005. Number 1 on the list. Sales rep and I negotiated MSRP plus 2K. Fast forward to today. They will not honor their commitment. We have purchased cars from this dealership in the past and have had our cars serviced there also. They now want $20K over the msrp. I walked. End of story.

I got the shaft from the Loman Auto group in Parsippany NJ. Thanks for the big waste of time and money.

I'm not familiar with New Jersey law, but I bet there's a consumer protection statute (called Deceptive Trade Practices Acts in some states). This statute might be applicable in your case (see an attorney near you) -- what gives statutes like this teeth is three times damages can be awarded -- that hurts!

Also, most plaintiff's attorneys do not charge for a consultation, and you might get an attorney interested if you can find more people that have been shafted -- the threat of a class action lawsuit usually gets defendants' attention.

Of course none of this is to be construed as legal advice, nor am I stating you or anyone else in this situation in fact has a valid claim under your state's consumer protection statute.:flag:

BlackOnBlackCobra96 said:
If I had a law license in NJ as opposed to MI, I'd write a letter for free, provided that you give me a long ride in it.

I'd like to see some of the writings people are being given when they made their deposits. I wouldn't just stop with a breach of contract action, assuming a valid, enforceable contract was made. I'd look for remedies under the applicable consumer protection statute; if the dealerships in question are refusing to honor the original agreement yet tell the consumer something like, "we'll make you a great deal on a GT," that's a bait-and-switch.

If I were drafting the petition (or complaint), I'd allege the defendant seller(s) knowingly made the original "deals" with the intent to get the customer into a GT -- all the time knowing the customers are forgoing other opportunities for GT 500s because they think they already have one coming to them. Get enough shafted customers together, and there's probably an ambulance-chaser or two that would be interested.:D

Disclaimer: nothing stated in my post is to encourage frivolous or bad-faith litigation; I'd just like to see people stand up for their rights and perhaps get some money for their trouble (to put toward a GT 500 when the price drops). I bet if the GT 500s weren't bringing in the outrageous market adjustments, and the dealerships in question had some left over, then they'd be trying to enforce the buyer's commitment to pay X amount over MSRP -- "we had a deal, Mr./Mrs. Buyer.":SNSign: