another dual exhaust thread

stang_1320

Mar 30, 2005
Odessa, Texas
hey whats the best way to dual the exhaust w/o a lot of custom work. im looking into an slp x-pipe with there matching powerflo exhaust. maybe get the pipes going over the axle from a gt. ive thought of other plans of action concerning this but itd take me forever to go into them in this thread. any input would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

You can get the driver's over axle pipe from Ford for around $80. Then you'd just need someone to make an x-pipe fit your exhaust, add some mufflers and that's it.

alot of custom work whats that?
1. go to ford order left pipe 2 hangers and 4 self tappin screws all stock gt parts . my cost was about 140 bucks

2. go online or ther shop and get the muulers you want. my case was gt takeoffs 80 buck delivered off ebay

3. go online or find a muffler shop that handles magnaflow order 2.5" ss x-pipe
my case again ebay around 80 bucks

4. make appt with muffler shop for install

5. cut left side using butcher paper or somthing like it put the paper on the right side follow bumber line and make registration marks and cut out the muffler opening. now this is the scariest part but is actually real easy. what i did is place blue masking tape on the other side in the area wher the muffler will go. and then set my teplate reversaed of course. and marked it with a sharpie on the blue tape then i stood back and looked , yep thats it so i took my dremil and slowly cut it about a half inch from my mark. them with a small drum sander i smothed it out. touched it up and i was ready to shop.

6. got to shop left car he cut out "y" he then set the x up to the area and made (2) small bent pieces hand welded in the x -pipe. then he cut out the section of pipe that had the damper. i also had him put clamps on the outlets of the x-pipe. the new left pipe was installed over the axel and he hooked up the nex muffler. with the 2 remining pipes coming forward he made 2 small pieces and slid the over the pipes and into the clampswelded it all up and painted it. so yes out of my whole system i have about 4 feet total of non stainless pipe. i guess i could have had him order some if i had thought of that. but in so cal im not worried.

he was done in less than a hour and i have invested about 2 hours with ordering parts and picking things up cutting rear and such.

he charged me 120 bucks including the 2 clamps.
with the clamps inplace i will always beable to remove my trany gas tank or any other park in case of problem. basicly its just like a gt exhaust they have 2 clamp just behind the h-pipe and 2 at the mufflers just like me.

you have lots of choices this is one of them. Many have followed ! but the path is yours!

choose wisely