Another exhaust question

I've done the searches (here and mustang exhaust forums), which are a huge help. I have an idea now what kind of exhaust I'm putting on my 6 banger. Since it is a V6, I'm more interested in it sounding good, than performance (cause the car's not gonna go much faster anyway). I do have a few questions though which I couldn't find answers to...

1. I love the sound of the V6 with no mufflers. I live on an Air Force base though, and my question is how much louder will this be. I don't wanna get my car restricted from the base (the MPs/SPs here have nothing better to do). Does anyone know if it is unbearably loud, or not much louder than most aftermarket exhausts? At idle, and high RPMs.

2. If I decide to go with a Warlock muffler on a dual system, will I need 4 pipes coming out of the back of my car? The link below shows how the muffler works, and the link below that is a sound clip. The only reason I'm considering this is because I like the sound.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...01&categoryId=13983&searchItemId=35339&CT=999

http://www.mustangexhaust.com/forums/soundclips.php?action=play&id=90

3. My cats are shot. It seems like there's not much talk at all on this. I need something cheap. Will I have to buy the Auto Zone junk, or is there a better aftermarket alternative? And are 4 really necessary, or can I just go with 2?

4. Just for ****s (poop) and giggles.. Magnaflow and Flowmaster are by far the 2 most talked about on these forums. Let's say someone puts a dual system on, h or x pipe, with a Magnaflow on one pipe, and a Flowmaster on the other. I'm not gonna do this, I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of that. I wonder if anyone has done this, and if so, how long did it take for their car to blow up.

So that's it. I hope if any answers show up here, it will help out a lot of people. And if anyone has sound clips they'd like to post here, that would be great. I could not find a single sound clip on this site. I know they're here, I just can't find them.

• Sponsors (?)

you wont need 4 pipes, because that cover is removable, it wont need a pipe all the time or even the short time you have it off. it will be like running dumps off the muffler when it is off.

that magnaflow/flowmaster thing actually sounds like a cool idea. be interesting to hear something like that.

you can get an x-pipe or h-pipe with 2 hi flow cats from almost any exhaust company. you'll only need 2. if you dont wanna do that, you can buy just cats to get put on in the stock location and run a pipe where the other 2 were.

Yeah Magnaflows are less restrictive. That's why the car would blow up. The crossover pipe would prevent that though. Maybe (and this is getting stupider) put a smaller, more restrictive pipe after the x pipe, on the Magnaflow's side. I like Geo Metros. Something like a .75 inch diameter pipe. That would force more exhaust down the Flowmasters side, and hopefully even out the sound. It would look like crap, but I can't help but wonder how it would sound. Oh well, too bad I'm not stupid enough to do it on my car.

Yeah I got a Florida registration. Cars in Pasco county, Florida never get inspections, so I'm good. I'm thinking of going with Magnaflow cats, cause the ones on my car now are shot. But I'm not sure if standard or high flow are better for a V6 Mustang. There's that whole back pressure issue, and I'm not sure if a high flow cat will take away the back pressure I need.

hi flo are always better because they will be less restrictive, the sound wont be much different, maybe a little deeper, and theres no need to worry about backpressure. its a really overrated issue that almost never comes up. but dont go no cats. usually doesnt sound good