another ford story for yall...

SIRRWANYEH

May 9, 2004
Hey so ya heres the deal...a month or so ago i went out to italy for a vacation to see my gf and while i was gone i had my mom take my car (96 v6 stang) in to get fixed. It was makin a squeeling noise i suspected to be a belt related problem. Anyways she takes it in and tells me it is all fixed. So i come home from vacation expecting my car to be top notch and low and behold i start it up in the parking lot and ...SQUUUUUEEEEEEEEELLLLL. Almost sounded worse...so a couple weeks later i finally had time to take it back but this time there were more problems. It was also making a spring noise when i brake heavily, my 1st 2nd and 3rd gears were grinding slightly, and it was idling at around 1200rpms wen i would turn the car on....so i took it back and they said the squeeling was from the synchronizer and so were some of the other problems and also my air filter had been shredded and the pieces had filtered their way through my system...so of course none of this was covered in the EXTENDED waruntee i paid EXTRA for!!!! it came out to be $700!!!!! i was like whoa u were supposed to fix this one part a long time ago and didnt in fact it made it worse ...so they knocked off the labor charge for it which was $200! and i shelled out $500 for the rest......they also said the spring noise was caused by the damper which they just removed and said it wasnt needed and the part was discontinued...which i find hard to believe it was completely useless......but anyways....im pretty irritated cuz i havnt done any mods to my engine cuz i was waiting for my waruntee to expire and ive taken my car in about 5 times since ive had it and NOTHING has been covered........F*** this waruntee its time for some parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Tranny work tends to be very expensive. you should be happy it wasn't more. My reverse gear went :mad: and that cost about $2700 That wasn't cool. but ford payed for half because my 2000 only had 26,000 on it so i guess they took pity on me.

Sally00V6 said:
Tranny work tends to be very expensive. you should be happy it wasn't more. My reverse gear went :mad: and that cost about $2700 That wasn't cool. but ford payed for half because my 2000 only had 26,000 on it so i guess they took pity on me.

$2700! good gawd! I was quoted by a Mustang shop in Phoenix $2200 to swap my Auto with a new 5 speed Tremec... holy moly.. If my auto ever does crap I'll never waste a dime on it to fix...

it was over warranty by 6 months but way under miles so.... but it all worked out... a whole tranny would be less than just one gear because they don't really need to take an existing tranny apart... i would assume. but hey go for the 5 spd i love mine to death and fords stick is actually a pretty good one. it's actually shorter than my budys Z28 camaro :banana: