Another "How To Set Timing" Write-up

• Sponsors (?)

Nice write up. If it is alright, I will toss it my little bundle of favorites to refer people to it. :)

HISSIN50 said:
Nice write up. If it is alright, I will toss it my little bundle of favorites to refer people to it. :)

No problem JT, thats what I wrote it for. If you see anything that needs to be changed or have any usefull reference pics, let me know.

Setting the TPS voltage and idle is next. Thanks!

Tim

stang22 said:
No problem JT, thats what I wrote it for. If you see anything that needs to be changed or have any usefull reference pics, let me know.

Setting the TPS voltage and idle is next. Thanks!

Tim

Perhaps you should also do up that proceedure in German...so all your new freinds can read it when you get there :cheers:
Good job Tim.

Ramstein, but my Mustang is staying stateside. Don't want to tear it up or put it on a ship in the salty air for 6 weeks. Call me a woman, but I put too much time and money in it to disrespect it like that. :(

Tim

It will be here when I get back...

spekin de fazenugin das ustin...forget it not only can't I speak german I can't even make up words that sound german. Hey daggar...let me know what day your taking Tims car to the track..really like to get some pictures to add to my collection.

For you guys that speak German which was taught Stateside, as you probably know, get ready to have no one have a clue what you are saying. :)

I was an exchange student in several cities over there and it was a TRIP! I knew saying 'Gehen' would be incorrect here, but it is what might be said over there (and fahren does not necessarily mean 'drive' like we are taught; both can be correct).

And I was there quite some time ago - they had NO IDEA what Fahrvernuegen was. :rlaugh:

I hope you have a good time. And wise to leave the stang here - it is WAY too pretty to move. :nice:

BTW, we will have to compare Bahn stories sometime - I can think of a couple doozies (one involving a RUF doing a 4 wheel lock up at ~190 MPH. I was in a VW going ~ 150-160 MPH enjoying the show). :)

Kids learn so much better and easier than us old folks, so I am sure they will do fine. German is pretty easy to learn, I think (the hypotheticals [future tense] get a little funky, but no one ever uses them). :)

And, in my experience, in informal situations, no one over there seems to conjugate verbs (the endings can be hard to remember with the irregular verbs) so that makes it SO easy. E.g. Wir fahr nach Deutschland (Fahren becomes fahr). Oh yeah, everyone pretty much speaks English, so it does not matter. :)

cjman15 said:
What I don't understand is how can you read tha timing when tha crank is spinning? I'm still not understanding?

The reason is because when the light flashes (spout out), it flash at the same time or one flash per revolution. At idle (600-850rpm), thats about 800 flashes per minute. It is almost like the light is static and just shining on a number that you can read. Once you do it, you will completely understand.

Tim

EDIT: The timing light flashes when the #1 plug fires.